The October 2018 security patch update for Galaxy J3 2017 is now rolling out. It brings the new build number J330FXXS3BRJ2. The update is based on Android 8.0 Oreo. The OTA update is rolling in batches and will knock into all the devices gradually. However, you can capture it manually, if the OTA delays to show up. Go to your device Settings > System Update > Tap on Check for Latest Updates. If the update is available it will show up. Then download it using Wi-Fi (to save carrier data charges) and install it.
There is another way by which, you don’t have to wait to update your device to the October patch. You’ve to download and install the firmware manually. We have provided the J330FXXS3BRJ2 firmware for Galaxy J3 2017 which brings the October security patch. You can find the download link for the firmware and installation manual below.
Steps To Install J330FXXS3BRJ2 Software on Galaxy J3 2017
You have to make use of the Odin flash tool to perform the installation of the firmware on the Galaxy J3 2017. So, for that purpose, we have listed up the latest ODIN software in the download section below. Along with it, we have tagged the firmware download link.
Official Firmware: Download
Before installing you have to follow some guidelines and get some tools with you. We have put up the same in the Pre-requisite section.
- This ROM is supported for Galaxy J3 2017 [SM-J330F]
- Make sure to have more than 50% battery on your device.
- A PC or Laptop to perform the installation.
- Install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download and Install Samsung Kies software.
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before installing any new firmware.
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any incidental bricking/damage to your device while/after installing this firmware update. Follow the steps carefully.
Here is the tutorial link that will help you to install the latest J330FXXS3BRJ2 firmware on Galaxy J3 2017 using the Odin Tool.
So, install the October security update on your Samsung Galaxy J3 2017. Either wait for automatic update via OTA or manually flash the J330FXXS3BRJ2 firmware on your Galaxy J3 2017.