Just like its flagship, Samsung also provides timely security patches for its mid-range devices. Speaking of which, the Galaxy J3 2017 is currently getting the April 2018 security patch. it is rolling with the build number J330FXXS3BSD1 and is based on Android 9.0 Pie. Of course, It is the maintenance update which fixes the numerous security issues that plague the Android every month. You can wait for the said update to come down automatically over-the-air.
Alternatively, we have put up the J330FXXS3BSD1 firmware in the download section as well. So, it means you can download it and install the Galaxy J3 2017 firmware on your own. For installation, you can use the usual Odin flash tool. For that, check out our tutorial below.
How to Download Over-The-Air Update..?
OTA usually knocks in automatically to the phone but sometimes these OTA updates don’t follow any routine. This means even if the update is available in some parts of your region, you may not get to see it for weeks. So, the alternative way is to search for the software on your own. To do it,
- Go to your phone Settings > System Update.
- Tap on Check for Latest Updates.
- If the J330FXXS3BSD1 April 2019 update shows as available, then tap on Download.
The software for April 2019 may weigh a lot in size. So, the ideal way is to find and connect to a Wi-Fi network. Then download the OTA via Wi-Fi. It will save your carrier data charges. Remember to charge up your device up to 50% or more before installing the new April security update.
Details of Firmware
Here are the details of the firmware which brings the April security for Galaxy J3 2017.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy J3 2017
- Model: SM-J330F
- Baseband Version: J330FXXS3BSD1
- Security Patch Level: 2019-04-01
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android OS: 9.0 Pie
How to Install April 2019 Patch on Galaxy J3 2017.?
We have to follow the regular method and use the Odin tool to install the new stock firmware on Galaxy J3 2017. We have put up the tutorial below which will help you install the latest stock firmware on your phone. Do make sure to check the guidelines before you install the new update.
- This Android Pie firmware is exclusively for Galaxy J3 2017. Do not use it on other devices.
- Charge your device’s battery up to 50% or more before performing the update.
- A PC/Laptop
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before installing any new firmware.
- You must install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download and Install Samsung Kies software.
- You need to Enter the Samsung Download Mode.
Download J330FXXS3BSD1 Stock Firmware for Galaxy J3 2017
Here is the download link for the stock firmware for Galaxy J3 2017 which packs the April 2019 security patch.
Manual Installation Guide
Simply follow the link below to know how to flash the Samsung firmware to complete stock.
So, that’s it, guys. Grab the J330FXXS3BSD1 update fortify your Galaxy J3 2017 from all security vulnerabilities. We hope his tutorial was useful. If you have got any doubts then do reach us through the comments section.