Samsung has started rolling the next security patch for their device lineup. The latest June Security patch is live for Samsung Galaxy A3 2017 [SM-J330F]. The build number bumps to J330FXXU3ARF2 which brings a bunch of security fixes from Google, along with certain Samsung-specific patches as well. The baseband version J330FXXU3ARF2 weighs around 192MB in size which is based on Android 7.0 Nougat. The update also fixes a couple of bugs and improves the performance and stability.
The update is rolling the over the air and will soon hit every smartphone running on SM-J330F variant. Here you can follow our instructions on how to check the latest software update manually on Galaxy A3 2017 [SM-J330F]. If you have the OTA update on Galaxy A3 2017 SM-J330F, then hit the download to upgrade your device to J330FXXU3ARF2 June 2018 Security Patch. It is always good to keep your device on the latest software update. In case if you still not received the build J330FXXU3ARF2, then make sure to check for the software update manually on Galaxy A3 2017 (SM-J330F).
Talking about the specs, Samsung Galaxy J3 2017 features a 5.0-inches display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. The smartphone is powered by 1.4GHz quad-core Exynos 7570 processor coupled with 2GB of RAM. The phone packs 16GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Samsung Galaxy J3 2017 comes with the 13MP rear camera and 5MP front shooting camera. Samsung Galaxy J3 2017 came out of the box with Android 7.0 Nougat and backed by Removable Li-Ion 2400mAh battery.
We recommend you to upgrade your Galaxy A3 2017 to the latest security patch to keep safe from security vulnerabilities, malware, and virus.
Table of Contents
How to Check Software Update on Galaxy A3 2017?
- Go to Settings > About phone > Software updates > and tap the Check for Updates.
- If you find any new software update on Galaxy A3 2017, you can hit the Download now button to start upgrading. Wait till the download process completes and your device will be ready to upgrade. Tap on Install update.
- Your device will reboot and wait for the installation process to complete. Tap OK. That’s it! You’ve successfully updated your software update on Galaxy A3 2017.
[su_note note_color=”#fcf8d7″ text_color=”#000000″]If you are manually downloading the latest J330FXXU3ARF2 June 2018 security patch then hang on to a strong Wi-Fi network. This will help you save your carrier data. Also, keep your phone battery on ample charge. If there is a low power, no update can take place. Alternatively, you can also manually download and install the OTA firmware on Galaxy A3 2017 using ODIN Software. Below you can find the link to download the stock firmware and guide to install the software update.[/su_note]
- How To Root And Install TWRP Recovery On Samsung Galaxy J3 (2017)
- Samsung Galaxy J3 2017 Stock Firmware Collections [Back to Stock ROM]
- AT&T Galaxy J3 2017 Stock Firmware Collections
- List of Supported TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy Devices
- List of Android 9.0 P Supported Samsung Galaxy device
Steps to Install J330FXXU3ARF2 manually:Watch The Video on How to install Stock Firmware on any Samsung Galaxy devices using ODIN
If you have not received the OTA update, then make sure your device is not rooted or installed any custom ROM. You can always follow this simple guide to update manually by using ODIN Software. Follow the complete instruction to install new update on Samsung Galaxy A3 2017.
Required Download Files
Required Odin and Drivers:
- Download and Install Samsung Kies Software
- Make sure to download Samsung USB Drivers and install it on your PC.
- Click to Download ODIN Software
- This ROM is supported for Galaxy A3 2017 [SM-J330F]
- Download the required firmware and drivers.
- Your device must have 50% – 70% Battery.
- You need PC or Laptop to install this firmware.
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware. So make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage.
Instructions to Install Using ODIN
To install the firmware, you must first download the required software and drivers on your PC. By following the below link, you can upgrade the OS version to J330FXXU3ARF2 on Galaxy A3 2017 SM-J330F.
I hope this guide was helpful to install June 2018 Security Patch on Galaxy A3 2017 based on Android 7.0 Nougat.