Well, Today Samsung started seeding a new software update for Galaxy J3 2017 with build number J415GUBU1ARIM. The update brings September 2018 security patch which resolves the 12 vulnerabilities on the Google OS and 18 in the Samsung Experience proprietary software. The update is still based on Android 8.0 Oreo. If you are running any old version, then we recommend you to upgrade to this new version to keep your phone secure from vulnerabilities and hacks.
Currently, the update has started rolling via OTA for the user in a phase-wise manner. If you still not received the update, then we recommend you to either wait for the OTA, or you can force check if there is any latest OTA update on your phone. Here we have given the instruction on how to check software update manually on your Galaxy J3 2017 (SM-J415G).
How to Check Software Update on Galaxy J3 2017?
If your device is not able to get the update automatically via air, then you can manually check for the same.
- First Go into Settings > About phone > Software updates > and tap the Check for Updates.
- If you have any update, you will see the download option. You can hit the Download button to start downloading the software on your Galaxy J3 2017..
- Once it is done, you can Install update on your phone.
- As the installation process completes your Galaxy J3 2017 will reboot.
Details of the Firmware :
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy J3 2017
- Model: SM-J415G
- Baseband Version: J415GUBU1ARIM
- Security Patch Level: 01.09.2018
- Software: ODIN Tool
- Android OS: 8.0 Oreo
Steps to Install The Software Manually on Galaxy J3 2017
If you have not received the update, then download the firmware and follow the below steps to install the firmware on your device.
Required Odin Tool, ROM and Drivers:
- Download and Install Samsung Kies Software
- Ensure to download Samsung USB Drivers and install it on your PC.
- Click to Download ODIN Software
- Download Full Firmware – Sammobile
- Supported on Galaxy J3 2017 [SM-J415G]
- Download the required firmware and drivers.
- Your device must have 50% – 70% Battery.
- You need PC or Laptop to install this firmware.
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware. So make sure you have data’s in case if something wrong.
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your phone while/after installing this ROM.
As mentioned above you need to have the ODIN tool, latest firmware, and the required device. Below we have put up the tutorial that you can follow and manually flash the latest September 2018 firmware on Galaxy J3 2017.
I hope this guide was useful to install the build number J415GUBU1ARIM on Galaxy J3 2017.