Today Samsung started rolling the Android 8.0 Oreo for Galaxy J3 2017. The software version bumps to J330FXXU3BRH1 / J330FXXU3BRG2 based on Samsung Experience 9.0. The security patch level has been stepped up to that of June 2018.
Talking about the specs, Samsung Galaxy J3 2017 features a 5.0-inches display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. The smartphone is powered by 1.4GHz quad-core Exynos 7570 processor coupled with 2GB of RAM. The phone packs 16GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Samsung Galaxy J3 2017 comes with the 13MP rear camera and 5MP front shooting camera. Samsung Galaxy J3 2017 came out of the box with Android 7.0 Nougat and backed by Removable Li-Ion 2400mAh battery.
The OTA update weighs almost 1.2GB in Size. The update is sent via OTA (Over the air) in a phase-wise manner. It may take a while to reach every corner of the world. If you have the Samsung Galaxy J3 2017 model, then you can check for the latest OTA update by stepping into settings. Remember, to receive this update, your phone must be running on Stock Firmware without root or mods installed.
This Android OS upgrade bundles together the features like telling dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (such as on Chrome), Better paste and copy, Faster Android behind the scenes, even Better battery life with much more advanced Doze mode, and also more.
Here we have shared the full guide on how to download and install J330FXXU3BRH1 / J330FXXU3BRG2 Android Oreo Firmware for Galaxy J3 2017. Before that, we request you to check for the software OTA update manually. Below we have given the complete instructions on how to check software update manually on your device.
Table of Contents
- 1 How to Check Software Update Manually?
- 2 Download J330FXXU3BRH1 Firmware
- 3 Download J330FXXU3BRG2 Firmware
- 4 Steps to Install Oreo firmware for Galaxy J3 2017
- 5 How to update via ODIN Software
How to Check Software Update Manually?
Here we will instruct on how to manually capture the Galaxy J3 2017 Android Oreo update with build number J330FXXU3BRH1 / J330FXXU3BRG2.
Simply Go to device Settings –> About Phone –> Software update.
By following the above method you can easily find if you have any latest update on your phone.
Before starting the OTA download process,
- Ensure your phone has enough battery backup with at least 50% battery.
- Check that your device has enough storage to download and install the update.
- choose a Wi-Fi or a 4G connection to download the software update for Galaxy J3 2017 it.
What’s in Android 8.1 Oreo?
Android 8.0 Oreo is the latest released sweet from Google. It is the latest iteration of Android OS after the release of Android 7.0 Nougat. Android Oreo comes with features such as New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more.
New features for Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels
- Picture In A Picture
- Multi-Display Support
- Keyboard Navigation
- Background Limits
- New Wi-Fi Features
- Better Icons
Download J330FXXU3BRH1 Firmware
Download J330FXXU3BRG2 Firmware
Steps to Install Oreo firmware for Galaxy J3 2017
The guide is simple and easy. So before installing the firmware, make sure you have the proper firmware downloaded. Also, read the instructions for installing the firmware. In this guide, we are using latest ODIN Download tool to flash the Android 8.0 Oreo.
How to update via ODIN Software
To install the firmware, you must first download the required software, firmware and drivers on your PC.
Download ODIN and DRIVERS:
- You must install Samsung Kies Software
- You also need to install Samsung USB Drivers
- Click to Download ODIN Software
- Download the required firmware and drivers.
- Your device must have 50% – 70% Battery.
- You need PC or Laptop to install this firmware.
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware. So make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly.
- GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your device.
Instructions to Install:
Follow GetDroidTips to get all the latest firmware updates for Galaxy J3 2017 and other Samsung smartphones.