In this article, we have shared the August 2020 security patch update for T-Mobile Galaxy J3 Star with build number J337TUVS9ATH1. The update is based on Android 8.0 Oreo and brings no major changes except security patch and bug fixes. This update is now live in the USA region.
It is started rolling via OTA (Over the air) in a phase-wise manner. If you have a Galaxy J3 Star with variant SM-J337T, then you may receive the notification to upgrade your security patch to August 2020 with build number J337TUVS9ATH1.
Table of Contents
Check Software Update on Galaxy J3 Star:
If you have not received the notification to upgrade your firmware to J337TUVS9ATH1, then check for the OTA update manually by going into Settings –> System > System Updates. In case if you see any new update, you can hit the download now button to start upgrading your device.
Before upgrading, make sure you have enough juice (battery backup) on your Galaxy J3 Star and connected to a good WiFi network. If there is no new update, then follow this guide to manually install the firmware on your T-Mobile Galaxy J3 Star.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy J3 Star (SM-J337T)
- Region: USA
- Carrier: T-Mobile
- Build Number: J337TUVS9ATH1
- Android OS Version: Android 8.0 Oreo
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-08-01
How to Install August 2020 Patch on T-Mobile Galaxy J3 Star
In order to flash the firmware manually on your T-Mobile Galaxy J3 Star device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (J337TUVS9ATH1) is only supported for T-Mobile Galaxy J3 Star.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
Firmware Installation Guide:
For the installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.How to install stock firmware on Galaxy J3 Star using ODIN tool
So, make sure to download the August 2020 Security patch for your T-Mobile Galaxy J3 Star model with build number J337TUVS9ATH1. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.