Samsung is rolling out the July 2019 security patch update for Galaxy J4 (SM-J400F) in the Asian region. It is rolling over-the-air with build number J400FXXS4BSG1. It brings security upgrades and regular bug fixes as well. The new update is based on Android 9.0 Pie. The OTA will drop into all the devices gradually. It is going to live in many Asian countries like Thailand, Singapore, Taiwan, Cambodia, Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam, and Malaysia.
However, we have put up the stock firmware which paks the July security patch for the Galaxy J4. Also, we have tagged along with an installation guide that will help you flash the new software manually on the device. You have to use ODIN flash tool for the installation process.
Table of Contents
OTA Download for Galaxy J4
If you’re not able to receive the automatic OTA while others are getting it, you can manually search for it.
- Go to Settings > Systems Update
- tap on Check for updates
- If the new update with J400FXXS4BSG1 shows up, then press Download.
Use the Wi-Fi network to avoid the data charges of the carrier when you download the new update for Galaxy J4 (Asia region). Also, charge your device up to 50 % before installing the new software.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy J4
- Model: SM-J400F
- Region: Asia
- Baseband Version: J400FXXS4BSG1
- Security Patch Level: 2019-07-01 (July Patch)
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android OS: 9.0 Pie
Supported Asian region: Thailand, Singapore, Taiwan, Cambodia, Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam, and Malaysia.
How to Install J400FXXS4BSG1 Update on Galaxy J4 (SM-J400F)
Before installing the new update you have to follow some guidelines we have mentioned below.
- This ROM & guide is exclusively for Galaxy J4 (SM-J400F). Do not use it on any other devices.
- Charge your device’s battery up to 50% or more before installing the new update.
- A PC/Laptop
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before installing any new stock firmware.
- You must install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download and Install Samsung Kies software.
- You have to enter the Samsung Download Mode.
Firmware Download Link
Manual Stock ROM Installation
As said before, you have to use ODIN tool to install the latest stock ROM on your Galaxy J4. Follow the installation guide linked below.
So, that’s it, guys. Do not miss out on the July 2019 security patch for your Galaxy J4. Stay tuned with GetDroidTips for all updates regarding the Galaxy J4 phone.