Upgrade to the latest version of Security Patch on your Samsung Galaxy J4 2018 (SM-J400F). Yes, the device receives the latest April 2018 Security patch which brings the software version to J400FXXU1ARE7 and fixes some serious security issues and CVEs. The update is still based on Android 8.0 Oreo. To protect your phone from security vulnerabilities, malware, and virus, we recommend you to install the latest version of Android Security patch level on your Galaxy J4 2018.
The update has been rolled via OTA (Over the air) for every user around the globe. If you have the OTA update on your Galaxy J4 2018 SM-J400F, then hit the download and upgrade your device to J400FXXU1ARE7 April 2018 Security Patch. Along with this update for Galaxy J4 2018, the update also fixes few other software related issues. If you have not received any new update on Galaxy J4 2018, then check for the OTA update manually by following the below instructions.
Table of Contents
How to Check Software Update on Galaxy J4 2018?
- In your Galaxy J4 2018, Open your Settings > About phone > Software updates > and tap the Check for Updates.
- If you find any new software update, hit the Download now button to start upgrading. Wait till the download process completes and your device will be ready to upgrade. Tap on Install update.
- Your device will reboot and wait for the installation process to complete. Tap OK. That’s it! You’ve successfully updated your software.
[su_note note_color=”#fcf8d7″ text_color=”#000000″]If you are manually downloading the latest J400FXXU1ARE7 April 2018 security patch then hang on to a strong Wi-Fi network. This will help you save your carrier data. Also, keep your phone battery on ample charge. If there is a low power, no update can take place. Alternatively, you can also manually download and install the OTA firmware on Galaxy J4 2018 using ODIN Software. Below you can find the link to download the stock firmware and guide to install the software update.[/su_note]
Steps to Install J400FXXU1ARE7 manually:
You can also upgrade to the J400FXXU1ARE7 manually using the ODIN Software. Follow the complete instruction to install new update on Samsung Galaxy J4 2018.
Required Download Files
Required Odin and Drivers:
- Download and Install Samsung Kies Software
- Make sure to download Samsung USB Drivers and install it on your PC.
- Click to Download ODIN Software
- This ROM is supported for Galaxy J4 2018 [SM-J400F]
- Download the required firmware and drivers.
- Your device must have 50% – 70% Battery.
- You need PC or Laptop to install this firmware.
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware. So make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage.
Instructions to Install Using ODIN
To install the firmware, you must first download the required software and drivers on your PC. By following the below link, you can upgrade the OS version to J400FXXU1ARE7 on Galaxy J4 2018 SM-J400F.
I hope this guide was helpful to install April 2018 Security Patch on Galaxy J4 2018 based on Android 8.0 Oreo.
- List of Android 9.0 P Supported Samsung Galaxy device
- List of Supported TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy Devices
- Download J400MUBU1ARE8 / J400FXXU1ARE8 May 2018 Security for Galaxy J4
- Download Install J400FXXU1ARE3 April 2018 Security for Galaxy J4
- Samsung Galaxy J4 Tips: Recovery, Hard and Soft Reset, ODIN Download Mode