December month is here! Samsung Galaxy J4 (SM-J400F) is the device that received the December 2018 Security patch in the Asian region. The update carries the build number J400FXXU2ARK5 which weighs almost 160MB in size via OTA. As of now, this monthly update package is seeding in the Asian regions. Supported Regions are India, Sri Lanka, Nepal, and Bangladesh.
Like we said, December 2018 security patch for Galaxy J4 (SM-J400F) is rolling out gradually in batches. It will drop into all the devices across various regions in due course of time. If you feel that the software has delayed enough to show up, you can capture it manually. We have outlined the process below on how to upgrade your device to the new security level.
Given the rise of mobile malware and vulnerabilities, users need to keep their device updated to the new security patch as soon it goes live over the air.
Table of Contents
Firmware Details [ J400FXXU2ARK5 ]:
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy J4 (SM-J400F)
- Model: SM-J400F
- Region: Asia
- Baseband Version: J400FXXU2ARK5
- Security Patch Level: 01.12.2018
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android OS: 8.0 Oreo
Supported Regions are India, Sri Lanka, Nepal, and Bangladesh.
Check Software Update on Galaxy J4 (SM-J400F)
To do it,
- Go to your device Settings > System Update
- Now Tap on Check for Latest Updates.
- If the update is available it will show up with the build number J400FXXU2ARK5
- Simply tap on Download and the process will begin.
- Post the installation you may have to restart your device to integrate the changes the new software brings.
Usually, software updates are large files, so grab it using Wi-Fi to save carrier data charges. Alternatively, we have put up the firmware which brings the Galaxy J4 December 2018 security patch. You can find the download link for the firmware and installation manual below.
How To Install December Security Patch on Galaxy J4 [Asia]
We will have to use the Odin tool to install of the new firmware on the Galaxy J4. So, we have listed up the latest ODIN software in the download section along with the firmware download link.
Required Files and Drivers:
Here is the download link for the firmware.
Before installing you have to follow some guidelines and get some tools with you. We have put up the same in the Pre-requisite section.
Disclaimer: We are at GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your phone while/after installing this ROM.
- This firmware is exclusively for Galaxy J4 [Asia]. Do not use it on other devices
- Charge your device’s battery up to 50% or more.
- A PC or Laptop
- You must install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download and Install Samsung Kies software.
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before installing any new firmware.
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any incidental bricking/damage to your device while/after installing this firmware update. Follow the steps carefully.
Firmware Installation Guide
Here is the firmware flashing tutorial to guide you to install the latest J400FXXU2ARK5 software to complete stock on Galaxy J4 using the Odin Tool.Guide to install Stock firmware on any Samsung smartphone using Odin Video Guide to flash Stock Firmware on your device
So, make sure to get hold of this update and upgrade your Galaxy J4 to December security patch of Android. We hope this guide will help you out.