Today Samsung rolled April 2020 Security Patch update to Galaxy J4 (SM-J400G variant) in the South American region. The update labeled with build number J400GDXS5BTD2 which is still based on Android 9.0 Pie with OneUi 1.0. In this guide, you can follow our instructions to install the April 2020 Security Patch for Galaxy J4.
There are no major changes apart from the security patch level which fixes the vulnerability in the Android OS that can be attacked remotely using arbitrary code easily. We highly recommend you to install the latest patch to secure your Galaxy J4 in the future cyber-attack. You can check for the latest software update by going into device Settings > System > System updates.
Firmware Details: J400GDXS5BTD2
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy J4 (SM-J400G)
- Region: South America
- Build Number: J400GDXS5BTD2
- Android OS Version: Android 9.0 Pie
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-04-01
- Supported Countries: Vietnam, Cambodia, Myanmar, Malaysia, Kenya, Philippines and Thailand, and more
Table of Contents
How to Install Firmware on Galaxy J4
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Samsung Galaxy J4 device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (J400GDXS5BTD2) is only supported for Samsung Galaxy J4.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
Firmware Installation Guide: J400GDXS5BTD2
For the installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.
So, make sure to download the April 2020 Security patch for your Galaxy J4 model with build number J400GDXS5BTD2. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.