Samsung Galaxy J4 2018 (SM-J400G) is currently receiving May 2018 security patch update. This software moves the device build number to J400GDXU1ARE3 / J400GDXU1ARE4 and brings the fix for some serious security issues and CVEs. The update is still based on Android 8.0 Oreo. We recommend always to install the latest security patch on your device to safe from security vulnerabilities, malware, and virus.
Alongside the formal debut of the new Galaxy A and J series models in India, Samsung has silently launched the Galaxy J4 as its newest affordable handset. Talking about the device specs, Samsung Galaxy J4 features a 5.5-inch Super AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. The smartphone is powered by 1.4 GHz Quad-core Cortex-A53 Exynos 7570 Quad processor coupled with 2 GB of RAM. The phone packs 16 GB internal memory which can also be expanded via microSD card. The camera on the Samsung Galaxy J4 comes with the 13 MP rear camera and 5 MP front shooting camera. Samsung Galaxy J4 came out of the box with Android 8.0 Oreo.
The update is live via OTA (Over the air) and will soon reach every corner of the world running on Stock OEM firmware. If you have the OTA update on Galaxy J4 2018 SM-J400G, then hit the download to upgrade your device to J400GDXU1ARE3 / J400GDXU1ARE4 May 2018 Security Patch. Along with this update for Galaxy J4 2018, the update also fixes few other software related issues. It is always good to keep your device on the latest software update. In case if you still not received the build J400GDXU1ARE3 / J400GDXU1ARE4, then make sure to check for the software update manually on Galaxy J4 2018 (SM-J400G).
Table of Contents
How to Check Software Update on Galaxy J4 2018?
- In your Galaxy J4 2018, Open your Settings > About phone > Software updates > and tap the Check for Updates.
- If you find any new software update, hit the Download now button to start upgrading. Wait till the download process completes and your device will be ready to upgrade. Tap on Install update.
- Your device will reboot and wait for the installation process to complete. Tap OK. That’s it! You’ve successfully updated your software.
[su_note note_color=”#fcf8d7″ text_color=”#000000″]If you are manually downloading the latest J400GDXU1ARE3 / J400GDXU1ARE4 May 2018 security patch then hang on to a strong Wi-Fi network. This will help you save your carrier data. Also, keep your phone battery on ample charge. If there is a low power, no update can take place. Alternatively, you can also manually download and install the OTA firmware on Galaxy J4 2018 using ODIN Software. Below you can find the link to download the stock firmware and guide to install the software update.[/su_note]
Steps to Install J400GDXU1ARE3 / J400GDXU1ARE4 manually:Watch The Video on How to install Stock Firmware on any Samsung Galaxy devices using ODIN
If you have not received the OTA update, rooted or installed any custom ROM, then you can simply follow this guide to the update manually by using ODIN Software. Follow the complete instruction to install new update on Samsung Galaxy J4 2018.
Required Download Files
Required Odin and Drivers:
- Download and Install Samsung Kies Software
- Make sure to download Samsung USB Drivers and install it on your PC.
- Click to Download ODIN Software
- This ROM is supported for Galaxy J4 2018 [SM-J400G]
- Download the required firmware and drivers.
- Your device must have 50% – 70% Battery.
- You need PC or Laptop to install this firmware.
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware. So make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage.
Instructions to Install Using ODIN
To install the firmware, you must first download the required software and drivers on your PC. By following the below link, you can upgrade the OS version to J400GDXU1ARE3 / J400GDXU1ARE4 on Galaxy J4 2018 SM-J400G.
I hope this guide was helpful to install May 2018 Security Patch on Galaxy J4 2018 based on Android 8.0 Oreo.