Samsung has always been generous towards its flagship devices when it comes to software support. Let it be monthly updates or bigger system updates, the company always takes the cake. In fact, the older phones continue to receive software updates even after some years of their release. Speaking of which the Galaxy J4 (SM-J400M) is currently receiving the September 2019 security patch update from Samsung. This software is rolling over-the-air with build number J400MUBS4BSI3.
This update is available in South American regions such as Mexico, Peru, Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay, Brazil, Columbia, Chile, Trinidad, and Tobago, Panama, Bolivia, and more. The latest software is based on Android 9.0 Pie. It is a maintenance update which comes under Samsung’s monthly Security Maintenance Release(SMR). With the latest September 2019 security patch, Samsung aims to solve various security vulnerabilities categorized into critical, high and moderate.
Table of Contents
How to Capture the OTA manually.?
As we said before the latest September patch (J400MUBS4BSI3) for Samsung Galaxy J4 (SM-J400M) is already seeding over-the-air. OTA rolls automatically. Not every Galaxy J4 user of the target region will receive this update at the same time. The update is rolling in a phase-wise manner. However, the user can manually look for the update and download it they don’t get it via OTA.
To check for the software update on Galaxy J4,
- Go to your phone App drawer > tap on the device Settings > System Update.
- Inside system updates, tap on Check for Latest Updates.
- If the security patch for September 2019 shows up as available, then tap on Download button and Install the update.
Now, there is another alternative way to upgrade your Galaxy J4 to the September 2019 patch. You can download the firmware file and flash it manually on the device. It may sound like some high-end rocket science stuff but trust me with GetDroidTips guide it will be a cakewalk for you.
We have put up the firmware file download link as well as the complete installation guide. Let’s take a glance at the details of the firmware file.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy J4 (SM-J400M)
- Model: SM-J400M
- Baseband Version: J400MUBS4BSI3
- Security Patch Level: 2019-09-01 (September)
- Region: South America
- Software Supported: Odin Flash Tool
- Android OS: 9.0 Pie
Download Firmware File
How to Install the latest stock firmware on Galaxy J4.?
The answer is simple. You have to make use of the Odin flash tool to install new software on the Galaxy J4. Before jumping into the installation process you have to follow some guidelines. We have outlined them below.
- This firmware update file and the corresponding guide is exclusive for Galaxy J4 (SM-J400M).
- Don’t try to install the firmware file listed here on other Samsung models.
- Charge up the battery fo your device to 70% to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- A PC or Laptop and a USB Cable
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device data before installing. (no root)
- You have to download and install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Here is the official flash tool: Download ODIN Flash tool
- Install the Samsung Kies software on your computer.
- You have to enter your device into the Samsung Download Mode as well.
Here is the link to the complete installation process which will enable you to install the new September software update and upgrade your device to J400MUBS4BSI3.
You can check out our full-depth tutorial video as well:
So, that’s it, guys. Make sure to get the September 2019 security patch update for Galaxy J4, if you are from the above-mentioned regions. Otherwise, you can always manually update by following our installation guide. If you have any queries, then do let us know.