Samsung rolled December 2019 Android security patch for the Samsung Galaxy J4 (SM-J400M) with build number J400MUBU5BSL2. The update is rolling over the air for the users with the Samsung Galaxy J4 device in the South American region.
As we speak, the update is live for Mexico, Peru, Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay, Brazil, Columbia, Chile, Trinidad, and Tobago, Panama, Bolivia, and more region. The update is based on Android 9.0 Pie. If you haven’t received the update on your Galaxy J4 device, then you can manually check the software update.
Check The Software Update
Go to Settings App > Go to System > Tap on System Updates. Now hit the option Check for Updates. Now, if the J400MUBU5BSL2 update is available for the device, you will get a notification to download it.
Before downloading, make sure to charge your device up to 50% or more. Use the WiFi connection to download faster and avoid charges from the operator.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy J4 (SM-J400M)
- Region: South American
- Build number: J400MUBU5BSL2
- Android OS Version: Android 9.0 Pie
- Software Supported: ODIN
- Android Security Patch Level: 2019-12-01
- Supported Country: Mexico, Peru, Argentina, Paraguay, Uruguay, Brazil, Columbia, Chile, Trinidad, and Tobago, Panama, Bolivia, and more region
How to install stock firmware on Samsung Galaxy J4
To flash the firmware manually on your device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (J400MUBU5BSL2) is supported for Samsung Galaxy J4 (South America variants)
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device