Samsung has started rolling out the latest July patch update for the Galaxy J4 Plus devices. The firmware update bumps up a new software version J415FNXXU6BTG1 based on Android 10. All the interested Galaxy J4 Plus users can now download and install the latest July 2020 patch update from this article.
The firmware OTA update is making its way in a gradual manner in European countries and it may take a couple of days or so in order to hit all the units completely to the rest of the regions. Meanwhile, the July 2020 Android Security Patch brings increased system security and stability. There are no additional features or improvements released with this update. So, we will suggest you check for the OTA update or manually flash the firmware in order to keep updated with the latest patchset.
Check OTA Updates
You can always check for the OTA update manually on your Samsung Galaxy J4 Plus handset via the device Settings > About Phone > Software updates > Check for updates. If there is a new firmware update available, just make sure to grab it by downloading and installing the firmware update. For a successful and faster update process, you should connect your handset to a Wi-Fi network and maintain at least 50% of charge.
[note color=”yellow” title_tag=”h2″ title=”Firmware Info: J415FNXXU6BTG1″]
- Model Name: Samsung Galaxy J4 Plus
- Model Number: SM-J415FN
- Region: Europe
- Software Version: J415FNXXU6BTG1
- Android OS Version: Android 10
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-07-01
How to Flash Galaxy J4 Plus July 2020 Update
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Samsung Galaxy J4 Plus device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This ROM is supported only on the Samsung Galaxy J4 Plus variant.
- To avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process, make sure to charge it at least 50% or more
- To install this, you need a PC or Laptop with original or genuine USB Cable
- To avoid losing your data, we always recommend taking a complete backup.
[note color=”red” title_tag=”p” title=”Disclaimer:”]GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any kind of hardware or software damage to your device while or after you follow this guide. Proceed at your own risk.[/note]
[note color=”green” title_tag=”h3″ title=”Download Links:”]
- J415FNXXU6BTG1 | Download Samsung Firmware | Frija Tool or Samfirm Tool
- Latest Samsung USB Drivers
- Install the Samsung Kies software on your PC.
- Flash tool: ODIN Flash tool
Firmware Installation Guide:
For the installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.
[su_button icon=”” url=”https://www.getdroidtips.com/flash-firmware-samsung-odin-downloader/” style=”flat” background=”#37474f” color=”” size=”10″ ]Steps to install firmware using ODIN tool[/su_button]
[su_button url=”https://youtu.be/tCCdUFl_O0M” target=”blank” style=”flat” background=”#ff0000″ size=”8″ center=”yes” radius=”0″ icon=”icon: video-camera” ]How to Install Stock ROM on Samsung Galaxy Devices[/su_button]
So, make sure to download the July 2020 Security patch for your Galaxy J4 Plus model with build number J415FNXXU6BTG1. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.