Now Galaxy J5 SM-J500FN can be upgraded to May Security Patch with build number J500FNXXU1BQE2. Samsung today officially rolled the latest Google’s Android Security Patch for Galaxy J5 running Android Marshmallow. Now the device can enjoy the latest security patch which we always recommend to flash it to keep your device more secured. The latest OTA comes with build number J500FNXXU1BQE2 for Galaxy J5. If you are running the Stock Marshmallow on Samsung Galaxy J5 , then you will receive the notification anytime soon on your device. The update is sent via OTA (Over the air) to all Galaxy J5 in Phase wise manner.
The latest build J500FNXXU1BQE2 comes with May Security Patch, fixes several bugs and improves the stability and performance of the device. If you are running Android Marshmallow, then this is still based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Now you can enjoy the latest Android Marshmallow for Samsung Galaxy J5 SM- J500FN by following the below step by step guide to flash latest May Security Marshmallow ROM on Galaxy J5 J500FN.
Upgrade to Nougat Here : Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Galaxy J5.
As of now, this is an incremental update with latest May Security patch for Samsung Galaxy J5 . So make sure to update to keep your device safe with May Security update which has patched a whole host of vulnerabilities in Android. (Recommended).
Flash J500FNXXU1BQE2 May Security Marshmallow For Galaxy J5 J500FN
If you didn’t receive any notification about the new update on Samsung Galaxy J5, then you can either check for the update manually or you can follow our simple guide on How to flash Marshmallow J500FNXXU1BQE2 For Samsung Galaxy J5 .
To Check for latest Update, Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Software Updates.
If you have the update then press download and upgrade the OTA to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. If you didn’t receive and you still want the update, then don’t worry. You can Update Samsung Galaxy J5 to May Security Patch based Marshmallow manually by following the below steps. So read the steps carefully to upgrade Samsung Galaxy J5 J500FN to Marshmallow OTA update.
Remember, Below guide is to update full OTA firmware file on Galaxy J5 J500FN .
- How to Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Galaxy J5
- How to Install LineageOS 14.1 on Galaxy J5
- Guide to Install MIUI 8 on Galaxy J5
- How to Install CyanogenMod OS on Galaxy J5
- How to Install Resurrection Remix OS on Galaxy J5
What’s In Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow And Features ?
Android 6.0 Marshmallow was another codename for the new version of Android after Google’s Android 5.0 Lollipop. It was unveiled on Google I/O 2015. This is the eighth major version of the Android operating system. This has a huge incremental and feature on this update. IT brings you a feature which saves a lot of battery on your phone called Doze mode. This feature will keep your phone idle while you dont use the phone. Marshmallow primarily focuses on improving the overall user experience of Lollipop, and introduced unique features like Now On Tap, new permissions architecture, a new power management system, Native Fingerprint support, and other internal changes.
Update Via Samsung Kies
You can upgrade your phone to all latest firmware via Samsung Kies. Now install official Samsung Kies on your computer and start upgrading to latest May Security Patch update J500FNXXU1BQE2 on Galaxy J5 J500FN .
Click Here To Upgrade Via Samsung Kies To May Security Patch Update.
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD THE FILES THAT REQUIRED :
- Download and Install the Samsung Kies Software : CLICK HERE or
- Download and Install the SamsungUSB Drivers : CLICK HERE
- Click to download and Extract the ODIN ZIP file on Desktop : CLICK HERE
- Remember : This guide is to Install May Secuity Patch update on Galaxy J5 J500FN (J500FNXXU1BQE2 ) .
- Your device must have 70% Of battery
- You need a Laptop or PC to perform this Action
- You should be using Stock Firmware and not Custom ROM
- Back Up your Data to make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t loose your data)
- You need to Enter Download Mode
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read ! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your Phone.