Today Samsung released a new update for Galaxy J5 with build number J500FNXXU1BQF2. This update brings the latest June Security Patch Update for Samsung Galaxy J5. The update is rolling out via OTA (Over The Air) update for few users starting today. If you are running the Stock ROM without any root, then you may receive the update on your phone anytime soon. The update is sent in Phase wise manner to all the Galaxy J5 users.
The update is based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and it also brings many improvements and other regular bug fixes to the table with J500FNXXU1BQF2. In case if you have the update notification of the latest firmware J500FNXXU1BQF2 on Samsung Galaxy J5. Make sure you have enough storage space, Stable and fast Wi-Fi connection, and also charge your phone to at least 50% of battery. Once you have all this, you can hit the download button to start upgrading your phone. As this OTA is all about June Security Patch, it shouldn’t take long for it to download. So make sure to Backup your device before downloading and upgrading J500FNXXU1BQF2 June Security Nougat For Galaxy J5.
Upgrade to latest Lineage OS Here: Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Galaxy J5
This update is an incremental update with latest June Security Patch Update on Samsung Galaxy J5 . So we recommend to update your device safe with June Security update which has patched a whole host of vulnerabilities in Android.
Table of Contents
Flash J500FNXXU1BQF2 June Security MarshmallowFor Galaxy J5 SM-J500FN
If you didn’t receive any notification about the new update on Samsung Galaxy J5, then you can either check for the update manually or you can follow our simple guide on How to flash Marshmallow J500FNXXU1BQF2 For Samsung Galaxy J5.
To Check for latest Update, Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Software Updates.
If you have the update then press download and upgrade the OTA to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. If you didn’t receive and you still want the update, then don’t worry. You can Update Samsung Galaxy J5 to June Security Patch based Marshmallow manually by following the below steps. So read the steps carefully to upgrade Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J500FN to Marshmallow OTA update.
Remember, Below guide is to update full OTA firmware file on Galaxy J5 SM-J500FN.
What’s in Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and features?
Android 6.0 Marshmallow was another codename for the new version of Android after Google’s Android 5.0 Lollipop. It was unveiled on Google I/O 2015. This is the eighth major version of the Android operating system. This has a huge incremental and feature on this update. IT brings you a feature which saves a lot of battery on your phone called Doze mode. This feature will keep your phone idle while you dont use the phone. Marshmallow primarily focuses on improving the overall user experience of Lollipop, and introduced unique features like Now On Tap, new permissions architecture, a new power management system, Native Fingerprint support, and other internal changes.
- How to Install Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Galaxy J5
- How to Install LineageOS 14.1 on Galaxy J5
- Guide to Install MIUI 8 on Galaxy J5
- How to Install CyanogenMod OS on Galaxy J5
- How to Install Resurrection Remix OS on Galaxy J5
Update Via Samsung Kies
You can upgrade your phone to all latest firmware via Samsung Kies. Now install official Samsung Kies on your computer and start upgrading to latest June Security Patch update J500FNXXU1BQF2 on Galaxy J5 G925I.
Click Here To Upgrade Via Samsung Kies To June Security Patch Update.
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD THE FILES THAT REQUIRED:
- Download and Install the Samsung Kies Software: CLICK HERE.
- Download and Install the Samsung USB Drivers: CLICK HERE.
- Click to Download and Extract the ODIN ZIP file on Desktop: CLICK HERE.
- Remember: This guide is to Install June Security Patch Update on Galaxy J5 G925I (J500FNXXU1BQF2 ).
- Your device must have 70% Battery.
- You need a Laptop or PC to perform this Action.
- You should be using Stock Firmware and not Custom ROM.
- Back Up your Data to make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t loose your data).
- You need to Enter Download Mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your Phone.
I hope you followed the above full guide link to install June Security Patch Marshmallow on Galaxy J5 manually. If any queries or feedbacks, please write comment to us.