Samsung Galaxy J5 2016 (SM-J510FN) is currently receiving May 2018 security patch update. This software moves the device build number to J510FNXXU2BRD7 and brings the fix for some serious security issues and CVEs. The update is still based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat. We recommend always to install the latest security patch on your device to safe from security vulnerabilities, malware, and virus.
Samsung Galaxy J5 2016 features a 5.2-inches display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. The smartphone is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 coupled with 2GB of RAM. The phone packs 16GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Samsung Galaxy J5 2016 comes with 13MP rear Camera with autofocus and LED flash and 5MP front shooting camera with LED flash. The device runs on Galaxy J5 2016 runs on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and a Removable Li-Ion 3100 mAh battery.
The update is live via OTA (Over the air) and will soon reach every corner of the world running on Stock OEM firmware. If you have the OTA update on Galaxy J5 2016 SM-J510FN, then hit the download to upgrade your device to J510FNXXU2BRD7 May 2018 Security Patch. Along with this update for Galaxy J5 2016, the update also fixes few other software related issues. It is always good to keep your device on the latest software update. In case if you still not received the build J510FNXXU2BRD7, then make sure to check for the software update manually on Galaxy J5 2016 (SM-J510FN).
How to Check Software Update on Galaxy J5 2016?
- In your Galaxy J5 2016, Open your Settings > About phone > Software updates > and tap the Check for Updates.
- If you find any new software update, hit the Download now button to start upgrading. Wait till the download process completes and your device will be ready to upgrade. Tap on Install update.
- Your device will reboot and wait for the installation process to complete. Tap OK. That’s it! You’ve successfully updated your software.
[su_note note_color=”#fcf8d7″ text_color=”#000000″]If you are manually downloading the latest J510FNXXU2BRD7 May 2018 security patch then hang on to a strong Wi-Fi network. This will help you save your carrier data. Also, keep your phone battery on ample charge. If there is a low power, no update can take place. Alternatively, you can also manually download and install the OTA firmware on Galaxy J5 2016 using ODIN Software. Below you can find the link to download the stock firmware and guide to install the software update.[/su_note]
Steps to Install J510FNXXU2BRD7 manually:Watch The Video on How to install Stock Firmware on any Samsung Galaxy devices using ODIN
If you have not received the OTA update, rooted or installed any custom ROM, then you can simply follow this guide to the update manually by using ODIN Software. Follow the complete instruction to install new update on Samsung Galaxy J5 2016.
- Samsung Galaxy J5 2016 Stock Firmware Collections (Back to Stock ROM/Unbrick)
- How To Root And Install TWRP Recovery On Samsung Galaxy J5 2016
- List of Best Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy J5 2016
- List of Supported TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy Devices
- List of Android 9.0 P Supported Samsung Galaxy device
Required Download Files
Required Odin and Drivers:
- Download and Install Samsung Kies Software
- Make sure to download Samsung USB Drivers and install it on your PC.
- Click to Download ODIN Software
- This ROM is supported for Galaxy J5 2016 [SM-J510FN]
- Download the required firmware and drivers.
- Your device must have 50% – 70% Battery.
- You need PC or Laptop to install this firmware.
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware. So make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage.
Instructions to Install Using ODIN
To install the firmware, you must first download the required software and drivers on your PC. By following the below link, you can upgrade the OS version to J510FNXXU2BRD7 on Galaxy J5 2016 SM-J510FN.
I hope this guide was helpful to install May 2018 Security Patch on Galaxy J5 2016 based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat.