Samsung is currently rolling out the June 2018 security patch updates for its Galaxy J5 2016 device. The latest update bumps the new build number J510FNXXU2BRE6 to the phone. In this post, we will guide you to install the J510FNXXU2BRE6 June security update on your Galaxy J5 2016. June 2018 update fixes up a number of CVEs and other security threats. for detail information about the security threats, check out the Google Android security bulletin for June 2018.
The J510FNXXU2BRE6 June 2018 security update for Galaxy J5 2016 is moving over the air. You can wait for the notification from your device to install it when it knocks into your phone. Alternatively, you can also manually download and flash the firmware that brings the J510FNXXU2BRE6 software using the Odin Tool. Below you can find the firmware file for Galaxy J5 2016.
Talking about the device specs, Samsung Galaxy J5 2016 features a 4.7 -inches display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. The smartphone is powered by 1.6 GHz Octa-core Exynos 7870 Octa coupled with 2GB of RAM. The phone packs 16GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Samsung Galaxy J5 2016 comes with 13MP rear Camera and 8MP front shooting camera with LED flash. Samsung Galaxy J5 2016 runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow out of the box and later upgraded to Android 7.0 Nougat. The device is backed by a Non-removable Li-Ion 3,600 mAh battery. It also has a fingerprint sensor on the front.
We recommend you to upgrade your Galaxy J5 2016 to the latest security patch to keep safe from security vulnerabilities, malware, and virus.
How to Check Software Update on Galaxy J5 2016?
If the OTA doesn’t show up, you can manually search for it. Simply go to device Settings > About phone > Software updates > Check for Updates. If the latest software update is available then download and install it. Connect to a good Wi-Fi network to download the update as it is a large file. Also, make sure to have a full battery charge on your phone. A low battery will stall the update installation process.
- How To Root And Install TWRP Recovery On Samsung Galaxy J5 2016
- List of Best Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy J5 2016 [Updated]
- Samsung Galaxy J5 2016 Stock Firmware Collections (Back to Stock ROM/Unbrick)
- List of Supported TWRP Recovery for Samsung Galaxy Devices
- List of Android 9.0 P Supported Samsung Galaxy device
Steps to Install J510FNXXU2BRE6 manually:Watch The Video on How to install Stock Firmware on any Samsung Galaxy devices using ODIN
If you have not received the OTA update, then make sure your device is not rooted or installed any custom ROM. You can always follow this simple guide to update manually by using ODIN Software. Follow the complete instruction to install new update on Samsung Galaxy J5 2016.
Required Download Files
Required Odin and Drivers:
- Download and Install Samsung Kies Software
- Make sure to download Samsung USB Drivers and install it on your PC.
- Click to Download ODIN Software
- This ROM is supported for Galaxy J5 2016 [SM-J510FN]
- Download the required firmware and drivers.
- Your device must have 50% – 70% Battery.
- You need PC or Laptop to install this firmware.
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware. So make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage.
Instructions to Install Using ODIN
To install the firmware, you must first download the required software and drivers on your PC. By following the below link, you can upgrade the OS version to J510FNXXU2BRE6 on Galaxy J5 2016 SM-J510FN.
I hope this guide was helpful to install June 2018 Security Patch on Galaxy J5 2016 based on Android 8.0 Oreo.