Today Samsung started rolling a February 2018 Security Patch level to Galaxy J5 2016 in Turkey Region SM-J510FQ. The update is labeled with software version J510FQXXU2BRB2 and brings all the latest security vulnerabilities fix for the devices. Now you can download and install the build number J510FQXXU2BRB2 with February 2018 Security Patch update for Samsung Galaxy J5 2016 [Turkey]. The update is based on Android 7.0 Nougat.
Samsung Galaxy J5 2016 features a 5.2-inches display with a screen resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. The smartphone is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 coupled with 2GB of RAM. The phone packs 16GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Samsung Galaxy J5 2016 comes with 13MP rear Camera with autofocus and LED flash and 5MP front shooting camera with LED flash. The device runs on Galaxy J5 2016 runs on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and a Removable Li-Ion 3100 mAh battery.
The update has started rolling over the air for users running on stock firmware. If you are running Stock ROM without any root or mods, then you can simply wait for the OTA to roll out and then hit and upgrade the OS to February 2018 Security patch on Turkey Galaxy J5 2016. In case if your device is rooted, then you can manually upgrade to J510FQXXU2BRB2 build on Turkey Galaxy J5 2016 (SM-J510FQ) by following the below instructions to upgrade via ODIN Downloader.
Still not received the OTA update? Then follow the below instruction to check for new OTA update on your phone.
How to Check Software Update on Galaxy J5 2016 SM-J510FQ?
- In your phone, tap the Menu Key > Open Settings > Tap on About phone > Software updates > Check for Updates.
- If your device finds a new software update, tap Download now. Once the download complete, your device will be ready to upgrade. Tap on Install update.
- Your device will reboot and wait for the installation process to complete. Tap OK.That’s it! You’ve successfully updated your software.
[su_note note_color=”#fdf8db” text_color=”#000000″]Before proceeding to download, Galaxy J5 2016 must have enough battery backup with at least 50% battery. Also to install this update, make sure you have enough storage on your device to complete the installation process. We suggest you to choose a Wi-Fi or a 4G connection to download it. Before following this, take a complete data backup to avoid any problem in case things go wrong. After following the procedure mentioned above, you can now start downloading February 2018 Security for Galaxy J5 2016 (SM-J510FQ). As this update is based on Android 7.0 Nougat, it wouldn’t take a lot of time to download and install.[/su_note]
Steps to Install J510FQXXU2BRB2 on Galaxy J5 2016 Turkey manually:
If you have not received the OTA update, rooted or installed any custom ROM, then you can simply follow this guide to the update manually by using ODIN Software. Follow the complete instruction to install new update on Galaxy J5 2016.
Required ODIN AND DRIVERS:
- Download and Install Samsung Kies Software
- Make sure to install Samsung USB Drivers
- Click to Download ODIN Software
- This ROM is supported for Galaxy J5 2016
- Download the required firmware and drivers.
- Your device must have 50% – 70% Battery.
- You need PC or Laptop to install this firmware.
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware. So make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are not responsible for any damage.
How to update via ODIN Software
To install the firmware, you must first download the required software and drivers on your PC. By following the below link, you can upgrade the OS version to J510FQXXU2BRB2 on Galaxy J5 2016 SM-J510FQ.
I hope this guide was helpful to install a new software update on your device.
- List of Supported devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Based on Android 8.1 Oreo)
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device list
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- Android Oreo Update for wearable Android devices
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- CrDroid OS – List of Supported Device
- OmniROM Oreo: List of Supported devices