Samsung is currently rolling out the latest security patch of October 2019 for the Galaxy J5 2016. It is a maintenance update that is based on a terribly outdated Android 7.1 Nougat. The software update is carrying the build number J510FXXU3BSI2. This update is available in the United Arab Emirates. Currently, this update is rolling over-the-air.
OTA Updates roll gradually, so everyone will not receive it at a time. So, instead of waiting for the OTA, you can simply download the firmware build J510FXXU3BSI2 on your Galaxy J5(2016). It’s a great way to instantly upgrade your device to the October 2019 security patch. So, check it out.
Check for OTA
If you are not able to get the automatic OTA updates, then you can also manually search for it. To do it,
- Go to the phone Settings > System Update
- tap on Check for Latest Updates.
If the October Security patch update shows up on your device, then tap on the Download button and Install the update. Have at least 50% battery percentage on your device before you update. A low battery condition is not really ideal for software installation.
Now, before we move onto discuss the firmware and how to download it, we have put up the firmware info. Let’s check it out.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy J5(2016)
- Model: SM-J510F
- Baseband Version: J510FXXU3BSI2
- Security Patch Level: 2019-10-01 (October)
- Region: UAE
- Software Supported: Odin Flash Tool
- Android OS: 7.1 Nougat
- Supported Tele-carriers: XSG
Install J510FXXU3BSI2 Galaxy J5(2016) October 2019 Patch
You have to use the ODIN flash tool and install the firmware build J510FXXU3BSI2 on your Galaxy J5(2016). Before downloading the firmware zip, you have to follow the requirements we have put up below. Make sure to get all the tools required for the installation.
- The firmware update file is only for Galaxy J5(2016) (SM-510F). Don’t install it on other models.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 50% at least to reduce the occasional shutdown.
- A PC or Laptop and a USB Cable are required to connect your device with the PC.
- Take a Complete Backup without Root of your device data before doing anything.
- You have to download and install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download the ODIN flash tool.
- Install the Samsung Kies software on your computer.
- You will need to enter into the Samsung Download Mode as well.
Now follow the link below and grab the firmware file for the Galaxy J5.
Firmware Download Link
Firmware Installation Guide
Grab the firmware and the ODIN flash tool and use any of the tutorial given below.Install Stock ROM on Galaxy J5 using Odin Tool How to flash stock ROM on Samsung Galaxy Devices
Even though there is no scope for system updates, it’s great that Samsung is rolling security patches for this older device. So, if you’re in the UAE region, make sure to downlaod the October 2019 security patch J510FXXU3BSI2 for your Galaxy J5 2016.