The South Korean tech giant Samsung has started rolling out the update of the latest June 2019 patch for Galaxy J5 2016 (SM-J510MN) based on Chile region. It carries the firmware update build number J510MNUBS3BSF2 and based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat version over Samsung’s Experience UI. The update offers some of the bug fixes and system performance improvements as well for the device. The firmware update is rolling out via OTA in Chile region and may take some time to roll out completely. You can also download the firmware file from the link given below and flash it manually via Odin Tool.
We have shared all the details, pre-requirements, required tools/drivers download link, and a full depth guide to install the software as well. Follow the full guide properly.
As we already mentioned that the update is in the staged rollout process and may take a few days more to receive. The update brings the latest June 2019 Android Security Patch to the device which is a good thing. However, there are no major changes in the changelog. The firmware update file size is around 2.8GB which is quite big in terms of a system update.
Check for the OTA Updates Manually
As we already mentioned that the company has started an incremental update process, so it may take a few days more to roll out on other countries. Meanwhile, if the update started rolling out but not on your device, then you can check for the OTA manually.
- Go to your phone Settings > System Update.
- Tap on Check for Latest Updates.
- If the J510MNUBS3BSF2 June 2019 update shows as available, then tap on Download it.
The update size is big enough and may take time to download via mobile carrier data. We will recommend you to enable the Wi-Fi connection for faster and stable download.
Here are details mentioned about the firmware which brings the June 2019 security patch for Galaxy J5 2016 below.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy J5 2016
- Model: SM-J510MN
- Baseband Version: J510MNUBS3BSF2
- Security Patch Level: 2019-06-01 (June)
- Software Supported: Odin Flash Tool
- OS: Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- Region: Chile
Steps to Manually Install June 2019 Software Update on Galaxy J5 2016
The June 2019 patch for Galaxy J5 2016 (Chile region) OTA update is in a gradual process. You need to follow the regular method using Odin Tool to install the new stock firmware on Galaxy J5 2016. Check out the tutorial mentioned below along with requirements and download link.
- This ROM file is only for Galaxy J5 2016 (SM-J510MN) device. Don’t use it on other devices.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 50% at least before flashing for a smoother process.
- You will require a PC/Laptop and a USB Cable as well.
- Take a Full Backup of your device data before installing the firmware file.
- Install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download and Install the Samsung Kies software on your computer.
- You need to enter into the Samsung Download Mode.
Download Firmware for Galaxy J5 2016 (J510MNUBS3BSF2)
Here is the download link of stock firmware for Galaxy J5 2016 which includes the new June 2019 security patch mentioned below.
J510MNUBS3BSF2: Download Link
Guide to Flash J510MNUBS3BSF2 Firmware
Here is the stock firmware installation guide for Samsung Galaxy J5 2016 (SM-J510MN). The firmware flashing process is based on Odin Flash Tool. Check out the full detailed guide on it.
You can follow the video tutorial as well for better visual guidance.Video Guide to flash Stock Firmware on Samsung Device via Odin Flash Tool
We hope that you have successfully flashed the latest firmware update on your Galaxy J5 2016 device easily. If you have any queries or issues, feel free to ask in the comments below.