Samsung has started rolling out the August 2019 security patch update for Galaxy J5 2017 (SM-J530F) in the Middle East/African region. It comes with the build number J530FXWU5CSH7 and is based on the latest Android 9.0 Pie version. Here is the full detailed sheet of changes with August 2019, Android security patch.
The update is currently rolling via OTA (Over the air) in the Middle East/African region and it may take some time to reach users globally. Along with better security and privacy protection, this update also improves the performance and stability on Galaxy J5 2017. In this article, we have shared a full detailed installation guide along with pre-requirements, download links, and other tools. So, check out the full guide below.
The software update is currently available for Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Turkey, Libya, Iraq, Nigeria, Kenya, Tunisia, Egypt, Algeria, Turkey, UAE (United Arab Emirates), South Africa and more other regions. If you have not received then you can check for the OTA update manually.
Check for OTA Updates on Galaxy J5 2017
OTA (over-the-air) update comes automatically to a device whenever the manufacturer released an Android update for a particular device. Most of the smartphone OEMs provide OTA updates to its devices in incremental mode and takes a few days to receive completely. However, if your device isn’t receiving any OTA updates automatically, you can check for it.
In order to check for the OTA updates manually on your handset:
- Go to your phone Settings > System Update.
- Tap on Check for Latest Updates.
- If the J530FXWU5CSH7 August 2019 patch update is available on your device, then tap on Download and Install it.
J530FXWU5CSH7: Firmware Details
Here is a little info about the firmware which brings the August 2019 security patch for Galaxy J5 2017.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy J5 2017
- Model: SM-J530F
- Baseband Version: J530FXWU5CSH7
- Region: Middle East/Africa
- Security Patch Level: 2019-08-01
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android OS: 9.0 Pie
How to Install August 2019 Update on Galaxy J5 2017
We have to follow the regular process of using the Samsung Odin flash tool to install or update the Samsung stock firmware on Galaxy J5 2017 device. We have provided the full guide below which will help you install the software on your phone. However, make sure to check the guidelines before you begin to flash the new update.
- This Pie-based firmware is only for Galaxy J5 2017. Don’t use it other devices.
- Keep your device charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- A PC/Laptop and USB cable are required to connect your device with the PC.
- Take a Full Backup without Root on your phone before installing any new firmware.
- You must install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Flash tool: Download ODIN tool
- Download and Install Samsung Kies software.
- You need to Enter the Samsung Download Mode.
Here is the download link for the new August 2019 security patch update based stock firmware for Galaxy J5 2017 (SM-J530F).
Installation Guide for Firmware
After downloading the firmware file, you need to use Odin Flash Tool to flash it on your device. Here is a detailed guide which you can follow to install the firmware on your device.Guide to Install Firmware on any Samsung Device via Odin Tool
You can check out our full-depth tutorial video as well:Video Guide to Flash Stock ROM on any Device
We hope this guide will be helpful to you and you’ve successfully installed the Stock Firmware on your Galaxy J5 2017 device. If you’re facing any issues regarding this, you can write down your comments in the comment section below.