Today Samsung rolled April 2020 Security Patch update to Galaxy J5 Pro (SM-J530GM variant) in the Mexico and Chile region. The update labeled with build number J530GMUBS7CTC1 which is still based on Android 9.0 Pie. In this guide, you can follow our instructions to install the April 2020 Security Patch for Galaxy J5 Pro.
There are no major changes apart from the security patch level which fixes the vulnerability in the Android OS that can be attacked remotely using arbitrary code easily. We highly recommend you to install the latest patch to secure your Galaxy J5 Pro in the future cyber-attack. You can check for the latest software update by going into device Settings > System > System updates.
Firmware Details: J530GMUBS7CTC1
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy J5 Pro (SM-J530GM)
- Region: Mexico and Chile
- Build Number: J530GMUBS7CTC1
- Android OS Version: Android 9.0 Pie
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-04-01
Table of Contents
How to Install Firmware on Galaxy J5 Pro
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Samsung Galaxy J5 Pro device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (J530GMUBS7CTC1) is only supported for Samsung Galaxy J5 Pro.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
Firmware Installation Guide: J530GMUBS7CTC1
For the installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.
So, make sure to download the April 2020 Security patch for your Galaxy J5 Pro model with build number J530GMUBS7CTC1. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.