Samsung is rolling out the May 2019 security patch update for Galaxy J5 Pro. It carries the build number J530GUBS5BSE4 and is based on Android 8.1 Oreo. It brings bug fixing and performance improvements for the device. The update is moving over-the-air. We have also put up the stock firmware which is based on the latest monthly patch. A guide has also been included for the convenience of our readers. So, go check it out and install the new J530GUBS5BSE4 update for Galaxy J5 Pro.
The update is currently live with May 2019 Patch which weighs almost 240MB in size. If you have not received then you can check for the OTA update manually.
How to Download the OTA..?
OTA drops in automatically to every device and so is the case with Galaxy J5 Pro. However, often airborne updates don’t appear in time as we expect. This means even if the update is available in some region, you may not receive it at that particular moment. So, you have to search for the new software on your own. To do it,
- Go to your phone Settings > System Update.
- Tap on Check for Latest Updates.
- If the J530GUBS5BSE4 May 2019 update shows as available, then tap on Download it.
The software may be of big size. So, we suggest you download the update by connecting to a Wi-Fi network. It will save your carrier data charges. Remember to juice up your phone battery up to 70% before installing the new monthly OTA update.
Here is a little info about the firmware which brings the May 2019 security patch for Galaxy J5 Pro.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy J5 Pro
- Model: SM-J530G
- Baseband Version: J530GUBS5BSE4
- Security Patch Level: 2019-05-01
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android OS: 8.1 Oreo
How to Manually Install May 2019 Software Update on Galaxy J5 Pro ..?
We have to follow the regular way of using Odin tool to install the new stock firmware on Galaxy J5 Pro. We have put up the tutorial below which will help you install the software on your phone. However, make sure to check the guidelines before you begin to flash the new update.
- This Android Pie firmware is exclusively for Galaxy J5 Pro. Do not use it on other devices.
- Charge your device’s battery up to 50% or more before performing the update.
- A PC/Laptop
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before installing any new firmware.
- You must install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download and Install Samsung Kies software.
- You need to Enter the Samsung Download Mode.
Download J530GUBS5BSE4 Stock Firmware for Galaxy J5 Pro
Here is the download link for the new May 2019 security based stock firmware for Galaxy J5 Pro.
Installation Guide for Firmware
Here is the stock firmware installation guide for Galaxy J5 Pro. We will make use of the Odin tool firmware flashing tool exclusively used for installing the firmware on Samsung devices.
So, that’s all guys. Do not miss out on the security patch as it is an important aspect for your device’s well being and security. Grab the J530GUBS5BSE4 security patch for Galaxy J5 Pro as and when it rolls in. We hope this guide was useful to you.