Today Samsung rolled April 2020 Security Patch update to Galaxy J6 (SM-J600FN variant) in the France and Portugal region. The update labeled with build number J600FNXXU7CTF4 which is still based on Android 10 with OneUi 2.0. In this guide, you can follow our instructions to install the April 2020 Security Patch for Galaxy J6.
There are no major changes apart from the security patch level which fixes the vulnerability in the Android OS that can be attacked remotely using arbitrary code easily. We highly recommend you to install the latest patch to secure your Galaxy J6 in the future cyber-attack. You can check for the latest software update by going into device Settings > System > System updates.
Firmware Details: J600FNXXU7CTF4
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy J6 (SM-J600FN)
- Region: France and Portugal
- Build Number: J600FNXXU7CTF4
- Android OS Version: Android 10
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-04-01
Table of Contents
How to Install Firmware on Galaxy J6
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Samsung Galaxy J6 device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (J600FNXXU7CTF4) is only supported for Samsung Galaxy J6.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
Firmware Installation Guide: J600FNXXU7CTF4
For the installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.How to install stock firmware on Galaxy J6 using ODIN tool
So, make sure to download the April 2020 Security patch for your Galaxy J6 model with build number J600FNXXU7CTF4. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.