Though we have stepped freshly into January 2019, some Samsung devices are still stuck in the last month. What we mean is they are still getting the December security patch. Speaking of which Samsung Galaxy J7 Neo is currently getting a new software via OTA. It packs the Android security patch for December 2018 and carries the build number J701MTVJU5BRL2.
The December 2018 security patch for Galaxy J7 Neo is rolling out gradually in batches. It will drop into all the devices across various regions in due course of time. If you feel that the software has delayed enough to show up, you can capture it manually, if the OTA delays to show up. We have outlined the process below.
Firmware Details [ J701MTVJU5BRL2 ]:
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy J7 Neo (SM-J701MT)
- Model: SM-J701MT
- Baseband Version: J701MTVJU5BRL2
- Security Patch Level: 01.12.2018
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android OS: 8.1 Oreo
How To Capture OTA Update on Galaxy J7 Neo
To do it,
- Go to your device Settings > System Update
- Now Tap on Check for Latest Updates.
- If the update is available it will show up with the build number J701MTVJU5BRL2
- Simply tap on Download and the process will begin.
- Post the installation you may have to restart your device to integrate the changes the new software brings.
Usually, software updates are large files, so grab it using Wi-Fi to save carrier data charges. Alternatively, we have put up the firmware which brings the Galaxy J7 Neo December 2018 security patch. You can find the download link for the firmware and installation manual below.
How To Install December Security Patch on Galaxy J7 Neo
We will have to use the Odin tool to install of the new firmware on the Galaxy J7 Neo. So, we have listed up the latest ODIN software in the download section along with the firmware download link.
Here is the download link for the firmware which packs J701MTVJU5BRL2.
Download Firmware: Download | Mirror
Before installing you have to follow some guidelines and get some tools with you. We have put up the same in the Pre-requisite section.
- This firmware is exclusively for Galaxy J7 Neo. Do not use it on other devices
- Charge your device's battery up to 50% or more.
- A PC or Laptop
- you must install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download and Install Samsung Kies software.
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before installing any new firmware.
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
Disclaimer: We are at GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your phone while/after installing this ROM.
Firmware Installation Guide
Here is the firmware flashing tutorial to guide you to install the latest J701MTVJU5BRL2 software to complete stock on Galaxy J7 Neo using the Odin Tool.
So, make sure to get hold of this update and upgrade your Galaxy J7 Neo to December security patch of Android. We hope this guide will help you out.