Samsung rolled December 2019 Android security patch for the Samsung Galaxy J7 Duo (SM-J720F) with build number J720FDDS5BSL1. The update is rolling over the air for the users with the Samsung Galaxy J7 Duo device in Europe and South Asian region.
As we speak, the update is live for based on Android 9.0 Pie. If you haven’t received the update on Galaxy J7 Duo device, then you can manually check the software update.
Table of Contents
Check The Software Update
Go to Settings App > Go to System > Tap on System Updates. Now hit the option Check for Updates. Now, if the J720FDDS5BSL1 update is available for the device, you will get a notification to download it.
Before downloading, make sure to charge your device up to 50% or more. Use the WiFi connection to download faster and avoid charges from the operator.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy J7 Duo (SM-J720F)
- Region: Europe and South Asia
- Build number: J720FDDS5BSL1
- Android OS Version: Android 9.0 Pie
- Software Supported: ODIN
- Android Security Patch Level: 2019-12-01
How to install stock firmware on Samsung Galaxy J7 Duo
To flash the firmware manually on your device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (J720FDDS5BSL1) is supported for Samsung Galaxy J7 Duo
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device