Today Samsung rolled April 2020 Security Patch update to Galaxy J7 2017 (SM-J730GM variant) in the Taiwan and Thailand region. The update labeled with build number J730GMDXSACTD1 which is still based on Android 9.0 Pie with OneUi 1.0. In this guide, you can follow our instructions to install the April 2020 Security Patch for Galaxy J7 2017.
There are no major changes apart from the security patch level which fixes the vulnerability in the Android OS that can be attacked remotely using arbitrary code easily. We highly recommend you to install the latest patch to secure your Galaxy J7 2017 in the future cyber-attack. You can check for the latest software update by going into device Settings > System > System updates.
Firmware Details: J730GMDXSACTD1
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy J7 2017 (SM-J730GM)
- Region: Taiwan and Thailand
- Build Number: J730GMDXSACTD1
- Android OS Version: Android 9.0 Pie
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android Security Patch Level: 2020-04-01
Table of Contents
How to Install Firmware on Galaxy J7 2017
In order to flash the firmware manually on your Samsung Galaxy J7 2017 device, then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and drivers.
- This firmware (J730GMDXSACTD1) is only supported for Samsung Galaxy J7 2017.
- Charge your device to 50% in order to avoid power-related interruptions during the installation process.
- You need a PC and USB Cables.
- Take a backup before flashing the software on your device.
Firmware Installation Guide: J730GMDXSACTD1
For the installation process, you can follow the guides given below. It includes a video tutorial as well as a practical approach to the installation process.
So, make sure to download the April 2020 Security patch for your Galaxy J7 2017 model with build number J730GMDXSACTD1. We hope that this guide was helpful to you.