Verizon is rolling out the May 2019 security patch update for Galaxy J7 2018. It carries the build number J737VPPVRS3ASE1 and is based on Android 8.0 Oreo. It brings bug fixing and performance improvements for the device. The update is moving over-the-air in the USA with Verizon carrier variant. If you have not received the OTA update, then install the version J737VPPVRS3ASE1 manually on your Verizon Galaxy J7 2018.
The update is currently live with May 2019 Patch which weighs almost 235MB in size. If you have not received then you can check for the OTA update manually.
Check OTA manually on Verizon Galaxy J7 2018
OTA drops in automatically to every device and so is the case with Verizon Galaxy J7 2018. However, often airborne updates don’t appear in time as we expect. This means even if the update is available in some region, you may not receive it at that particular moment. So, you have to search for the new software on your own. To do it,
- Go to your phone Settings > System Update.
- Tap on Check for Latest Updates.
- If the J737VPPVRS3ASE1 May 2019 update shows as available, then tap on Download it.
The software may be of big size. So, we suggest you download the update by connecting to a Wi-Fi network. It will save your carrier data charges. Remember to juice up your phone battery up to 70% before installing the new monthly OTA update.
Here is a little info about the firmware which brings the May 2019 security patch for Verizon Galaxy J7 2018.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy J7 2018
- Model: SM-J737VPP
- Region: USA
- Carrier: Verizon
- Baseband Version: J737VPPVRS3ASE1
- Security Patch Level: 2019-05-01
- Software Supported: ODIN Tool
- Android OS: 8.0 Oreo
How to Manually Install the Update on Verizon Galaxy J7 2018:
We have to follow the regular way of using Odin tool to install the new stock firmware on Verizon Galaxy J7 2018. We have put up the tutorial below which will help you install the software on your phone. However, make sure to check the guidelines before you begin to flash the new update.
- This is exclusively for Verizon Galaxy J7 2018 (SM-J737VPP). Do not use it on other devices.
- Charge your device’s battery up to 50% or more before performing the update.
- A PC/Laptop
- Take a Full Backup on your phone before installing any new firmware.
- You must install Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
- Download and Install Samsung Kies software.
- You need to Enter the Samsung Download Mode.
Here is the download link for the new May 2019 security based stock firmware for Verizon Galaxy J7 2018.
J737VPPVRS3ASE1: Download – SM-J737VPP
Installation Guide for Firmware
Here is the stock firmware installation guide for Verizon Galaxy J7 2018. We will make use of the Odin tool firmware flashing tool exclusively used for installing the firmware on Samsung devices.Guide to Install firmware on any Samsung Device using Odin Tool Video Guide to flash Stock Firmware on your device
So, that’s all guys. Do not miss out on the security patch as it is an important aspect for your device’s well being and security. Grab the J737VPPVRS3ASE1 security patch for Verizon Galaxy J7 2018 as and when it rolls in. We hope this guide was useful to you.