Today Huawei has started seeding a new firmware update for Huawei MediaPad T5 [AGS2-W09 / AGS2-L09] with January 2019 Security patch. Along with the security patch, Huawei also fixed other regular bugs and improved performance. The firmware is still based on Android 8.0 Oreo and there are no major changes. We can expect the Huawei MediaPad T5 Android 9.0 Pie very soon. So now you can download January 2019 Security for Huawei MediaPad T5 to bring the happy new year in a broad smile.
As of now, this monthly update package is seeding in many countries. The January 2019 security patch for Huawei MediaPad T5 is rolling out gradually in batches. It will drop into all the devices across various regions in due course of time. If you feel that the software has delayed enough to show up, you can capture it manually, if the OTA delays to show up. We have outlined the process below.
How to Check Software Update on Huawei MediaPad T5
If you have received the January 2019 Security for Huawei MediaPad T5, then we recommend you to upgrade your device to the latest security patch to keep safe from security vulnerabilities, malware, and virus. You can follow the steps below to see if you have received the January 2019 Security patch update on Huawei MediaPad T5
To check the update:
Settings –> System –> System Update –> Check for Updates.
Before proceeding to download, Huawei MediaPad T5 must have enough battery backup with at least 50% battery. Also to install this update, make sure you have enough storage on your device to complete the installation process. We suggest you to choose a Wi-Fi or a 4G connection to download it. Before following this, take a complete data backup to avoid any problem in case things go wrong. After following the procedure mentioned above, you can now start downloading the update on Huawei MediaPad T5 (AGS2-W09 / AGS2-L09). As this update is an incremental update, it wouldn’t take a lot of time to download and install.
If you have rooted or installed any mods or recovery, then you may not be able to install the update. So in order to upgrade your phone to the latest version. First, you need to either unroot or you can install the update manually.
Official Firmware Details :
- Device: Huawei MediaPad T5
- Model No: AGS2-W09 / AGS2-L09
- Android OS: 8.0 Oreo
- EMUI Version: 8.0
- Security Patch: January 2019
- Status: Official
- Type: Full firmware image
- Size : 1.7 GB
- Adds the fixed 4-digit and 6-digit lock screen PIN options.
- Screen will not turn off as long as it recognizes there is a face in the viewfinder.
- Integrates Google security patches released in January 2019 for improved system security.
Download January 2019 Security for Huawei MediaPad T5
- AGS2-W09C635B166 (184.108.40.206) – Japan
- AGS2-L09C185B166 (220.127.116.11) = Middle East
- AGS2-L09C636B167 (18.104.22.168) – Asia
- AGS2-W09C432B167 (22.214.171.124) – Europe
- AGS2-L09C432B167 (126.96.36.199) – Europe
- AGS2-L09C461B167 (188.8.131.52)
- AGS2-W09C794B167 (184.108.40.206) – Korea
Steps to Install Firmware on Huawei MediaPad T5
Before following the below guide on how to install firmware on Huawei MediaPad T5, you need to follow certain requirements. Download the required files before flashing the firmware on your phone.
- Supported Device: Huawei MediaPad T5 [AGS2-W09 / AGS2-L09]
- What you need: You need to Activate the Developer Option and Enable USB Debugging.
- Required Drivers: Download the Huawei USB Drivers.
- Backup before upgrading: Take a complete backup before flashing the firmware on your phone. Here is some backup method which you can follow.
- Charge before upgrading: Make sure you have enough battery to run the upgrade process. It is recommended that the power of the battery is more than 30%.
Still not able to update? then you can flash the latest update using this guide: Download Firmware for Huawei Devices with Huawei Firmware Finder
We have also shared useful extraction trick to Extract and Install the Update.app file from Huawei Firmware package.