Sony has started rolling out the update of the latest June 2019 security patch for Sony Xperia XZ Premium and XZ1, XZ1 Compact. It carries the build number 47.2.A.10.80 and based on Android 9.0 Pie. The update offers some of the bug fixing and performance improvements for the device. This is an OTA update and rolling in globally currently.
As this is a staged rollout process, the rest of the regions will get the updates very soon. Most importantly the update brings latest June 2019 Security Patch and there is nothing major changes. It weighs around 150MB in size.
Table of Contents
Check for the OTA Updates Manually
As we already mentioned that the company has started an incremental update process, so it may take a few days more to roll out on other countries including India. Meanwhile, if the update started rolling out but not on your device, then you can check for the OTA manually.
- Go to your phone Settings > System Update.
- Tap on Check for Latest Updates.
- If the 47.2.A.10.80 June 2019 update shows as available, then tap on Download it.
The update size is big enough and may take time to download via mobile carrier data. We will recommend you to enable the Wi-Fi connection for faster and stable download. It will save your limited mobile data as well.
Here are details mentioned about the firmware which brings the June 2019 security patch for Sony Xperia XZ Premium and XZ1, XZ1 Compact below.
- Device Name: Sony Xperia XZ Premium and XZ1, XZ1 Compact
- Model: SM-N960F
- Baseband Version: 47.2.A.10.80
- Security Patch Level: 2019-06-01 (June)
- Software Supported: Sony Flash Tool
- Android OS: 9.0 Pie
Steps to Manually Install June 2019 Software Update
You need to follow the regular method using Sony Flash Tool to install the new stock firmware on Sony Xperia XZ Premium and XZ1, XZ1 Compact. Check out the tutorial mentioned below along with requirements and download link.
- Supported by Sony Xperia XZ1 family and XZ Premium.
- Take a complete backup before doing this procedure. If your device is rooted, then you can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup
- A PC/Laptop
- Make sure that you have Latest Sony USB drivers installed on your PC/Laptop
- Download Sony Flash tool and install on your PC.
- You’ve to enable USB debugging on your device.
- Make sure to charge your phone to at least 50% before upgrading
Download 47.2.A.10.80 Stock ROM for Xperia XZ Premium and XZ1, XZ1 Compact
Here is the download link of stock firmware for Xperia XZ Premium and XZ1, XZ1 Compact which includes the new June 2019 security patch mentioned below.
- Sony Xperia XZ1 47.2.A.10.80 Firmware
- Sony Xperia XZ2 47.2.A.10.80 Firmware
- Xperia XZ1 Compact (G8441) Firmware: Download
- Sony Xperia XZ Premium 47.2.A.10.80 Firmware
Guide for Firmware Installation
- First of all, Download Sony Flashtool and install on your PC/Laptop.
- Download the FTF Files and move the firmware file to your Sony Flash Tool –> Firmware folder.
- Make sure to install the Flash tool drivers on PC by finding the installed location of Sony Flashtool (C:\Users\–PC Name–\flashtool.)
- Now download the Sony USB Drivers from the Pre-Requisite link and install it.
- Now you need to enable USB Debugging on your smartphone. To Enable the USB Debugging, First, you need to activate the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About -> Software Information -> More -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“.
- Once your developer option is active, Go back to your settings -> Open developer option -> Enable USB Debugging.
- Now run the Sony Flashtool.exe on your Computer.
- Power off and now hold VOLUME DOWN button and connect the phone to the computer using USB Cable.
- Once your phone detects on Sony Flashtool window.
- Now in the Flashtool Window, Tap on Flash device –>> Flash mode and select the firmware from the firmware folder.
- Recommended to clean install by selecting the Wipe, Userdata, and app_log (This will wipe your data and do a clean installation)
- Now tap on OK button and wait for the firmware to load completely.
- Your installation process will start, now wait for a few minutes to complete the installation.
- have fun with the latest version of the 47.2.A.10.80 update on Xperia XZ1, XZ1 Compact, and XZ Premium.
I hope this guide is useful to upgrade June patch on Xperia XZ1, XZ1 Compact, and XZ Premium.