Finally, LG Electronics has started rolling the Android 9.0 Pie update to LG G7 ThinQ. The update is currently rolling via OTA (Over the air) to users in South Korea. If you are an LG G7 ThinQ users, then its time to enjoy official LG G7 ThinQ Android 9.0 Pie Update.
With this update, LG brings their own skin, Android 9 Pie gesture navigation, New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Finally, the option “magic photo” has been added to the camera (although it is not detailed how it works) and support for dual applications focused on messaging. The applications compatible in its launch are Facebook, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, WeChat, Viber, Line, Skype, Telegram, Kakaotalk, QQ Mobile, BlackBerry Messenger, ICQ, Zalo, Hike Messenger and Snapchat.
Android 9.0 Pie Update
Along with LG’s own features, Android 9.0 Pie brings gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Instructions to Upgrade LG G7 ThinQ
- Open Settings on LG G7 ThinQ.
- Go to General > About phone. (If using List view, scroll down to PHONE MANAGEMENT,’ then tap About phone.)
- Now click Update Center.
- Tap System update.
- Tap Check for update.
- If you have any update, follow the on-screen prompts to update the device.
Download LG G7 ThinQ Android 9.0 Pie Update
Currently, only Stable update has been rolled in South Korea region. The update is labeled with build number G710N20c. As far as we know, LG usually rolls the Android 9 Pie to international variant after rolling new software updates for its South Korean models. So we can assume that February or March month, we will see LG G7 ThinQ Android 9.0 Pie Update on International and other variants.
|Build Number||Region/Variants||Download Links|
|G710ULM20D||US Unlocked||Download Here|
|G710NP20c||South Korea||Download Here|
How to Install LG G7 ThinQ Android 9.0 Pie Update
Please note, before following manual setup, you should read the pre-requisites carefully.
- This is for Model: LG G7 ThinQ
- Make sure the downloaded software is genuine.
- Your device must have 70% battery.
- Back Up your Data to make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- You need a Laptop or PC to perform this Action.
- Download and Install Latest LG USB Drivers
- Download LG Bridge software.
- Install LG FlashTool and LG UP
- Now follow the steps to install LG firmware on any LG phones.
Disclaimer: We are at GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your phone while/after installing this ROM.
Instructions:Guide to Install LG KDZ Firmware on any LG Devices
I hope this guide was useful to install the LG G7 ThinQ Android 9.0 Pie. If this guide was helpful then leave a comment below.