Today MetroPCS started seeding a new software update for MetroPCS LG K20 LG-MP260 which bumps the software version MP26010v. The Update brings the December 2017 Security Patch for the MetroPCS LG K20. The update is still based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat.
The update is currently rolling via OTA (Over The Air) for users in US. As the update is in a phase-wise manner, It may take a couple of days or weeks to reach every MP26010v LG K20 users. To receive the OTA update notification, you must be running stock firmware without root or mods installed.
Along with December Security patch, the update also includes phone usability and functionality has been improved.
How to Update MP26010v LG K20 to MP26010v
If you have the OTA update on your phone, then we do recommend you to install the December 2017 security patch update to keep your phone safe from vulnerabilities. Well if you have no update, then please check the OTA update manually by following the guide.
How to check OTA update on LG K20:
- Open Settings on LG K20.
- Go to General > About phone. (If using List view, scroll down to PHONE MANAGEMENT,’ then tap About phone.)
- Now click Update Center.
- Tap System update.
- Tap Check for update.
- If you have any update, follow the on-screen prompts to update the device.
If you have the update notification on your LG K20 phone, then hit the DOWNLOAD button to start upgrading your phone to latest software version MP26010v.
Before proceeding, please make sure your phone has enough charge of at least 50%, take a full backup before upgrading or downgrading your phone. To download the OTA file, you should be on a stable WiFi connection to enjoy uninterrupted software download.
Once if you have all this, you can proceed with upgrading LG K20 to MP26010v.
Steps to Install MP26010v on LG K20 Manually?Download KDZ Firmware File
Please note, before following manual setup, you should read the pre-requisites carefully.
- This is for Model: MetroPCs LG K20 MP260
- Make sure the downloaded software is genuine.
- Your device must have 70% battery.
- Back Up your Data to make sure you have data’s in case if something Wrong (This Process won’t lose your data).
- You need a Laptop or PC to perform this Action.
- Download and Install Latest LG USB Drivers
- Install LG Bridge software.
- Download LG FlashTool and LG UP
- Now follow the steps to install LG firmware on any LG phones.
[su_note note_color=”#fdf8db” text_color=”#000000″]Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read! – We are at GetDroidTips are not responsible for any damage that you make to your Phone.[/su_note]
Follow This Guide to Install LG KDZ Firmware on any LG Devices.