Almost three years ago, LG X Power 2 (M320N) handset was launched and this particular variant is a European variant. This is one of the budget category smartphones that has decent hardware specifications and performance too. Now, for an entry-level smartphone, you can’t really depend too much on the software performance due to the lack of hardware compatibility. However, it seems that several users are willing to install the LG X Power 2 M320N Stock ROM Firmware (Flash File). If you’re also interested, check out this article.
Needless to say that LG UX skin although is an official stock firmware for LG smartphones that runs on Android, it lacks in optimization, customizations, and stable performance too. Android users always want to heavily customize their devices and try to get the highest possible performance whatsoever. But sadly, LG device users may fall short in these criteria and start flashing either any third-party firmware or root access or installing mod files, etc.
It’s also worth mentioning that due to improper flashing steps or incompatible file, it can possible that your device either get bricked or stuck in the bootloop issue. Alternatively, due to the outdated software version and lack of software update support, your LG device may start facing lags, performance drops, battery draining, and more. So, you should install the stock firmware again on your device to fix most of the issues without any second thought.
Table of Contents
LG X Power 2 (M320N) Specifications
So, the LG X Power 2 handset packs a 5.5-inches IPS LCD display having 720×1280 pixels resolution, a 16:9 aspect ratio screen. It runs on Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box and upgraded to Android 8.1 Oreo. The device is equipped with a MediaTek MT6750 / Snapdragon 425 SoC, paired with Mali-T860MP2 / Adreno 308 GPU.
While it packs 1.5GB/2GB of RAM, 16GB/32GB of internal storage along with a dedicated MicroSD card slot. Talking about the camera department, it has a 13MP primary rear camera, an LED flash, HDR, AF, etc. On the front side, it sports a 5MP selfie camera with an LED flash. In terms of the connectivity options, the device packs a 3.5mm audio jack, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, FM Radio, MicroUSB 2.0 port, USB OTG, etc.
Meanwhile, the handset sports a bigger 4,500mAh battery with 18W fast charging support depending on the market variant. Additionally, it features an ambient light sensor, an accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity, compass sensor.
Steps to Install LG X Power 2 M320N Stock ROM Firmware (Flash File)
Here in this guide, we will be sharing the easy method to flash the KDZ file on your LG X Power 2 M320N handset by using the LG Flash Tool. Before heading over to the flashing guide below, make sure to follow all the requirements properly. Also, ensure to download all the necessary stuff from the links below.
As usual, here we’ve shared a couple of necessary pre-requisites to read and follow properly before jumping over to the firmware flashing steps. These pre-requirements are useful to get things ready which will gonna be useful while flashing.
1. Firmware Compatibility:
It’s worth mentioning that this particular firmware file that we’ve provided will gonna only work for your LG X Power 2 M320N model. Don’t try flashing the firmware on other LG models to avoid any kind of bricking or stuck in the boot loop issue.
2. Take a Full Backup
Make sure to take a full data backup of your device before doing anything especially firmware flashing. Sometimes flashing a ROM can delete the internal data or even your data can be messed up during flashing. So, to keep things simple and save your data better, just follow this backup method (without root). Alternatively, if you’ve already installed a custom recovery like TWRP on your handset then you can also take a Nandroid Backup by following this method.
3. Maintain Battery Charge
It’s always recommended to check whether your handset is fully charged or not. Even if it’s not fully charged, just make sure to maintain at least a 50%-60% charge level before performing any task to avoid occasional shutdowns or battery juice run out issues.
4. Get Ready a Computer and a USB Cable
Before flashing the firmware file on your handset using a flash tool, you’ll require a PC/Laptop and a USB Data Cable to connect your handset to the PC. Once connected, you can flash the downloaded firmware on your device via the flash tool.
5. Download Flash Tool and Drivers:
Additionally, make sure to download all the required flash files on your PC before you try this guide.
Download Flash Files:
Firmware Installation Guide:
Without further ado, let’s get into the firmware installation process below.
- We assume that you’ve already installed both the LG USB Driver and LG Flash Tool on your PC. [If not done yet, do this first]
- Next, boot your LG handset in the Download Mode. Just press and hold the Volume Up button of the phone > Connect your device to the PC via a USB cable (Don’t release the volume up button)
- Once connected, you can release the power button.
- Now, open the LGFlashTool.exe file > The flash tool interface will appear.
- Choose CDMA from the Select Type drop-down list.
- Then click on the Select File (folder icon) to browse and choose the firmware file for your LG model.
- So, choose the KDZ firmware file and click on Open.
- Now, click on the Normal Flash option below.
- The Read Phone Information window will appear.
- Just click on the START button.
- Next, you’ll have to choose the language and country from the Select Country & Language pop-up.
- Once done, click on OK to begin the firmware flashing process.
- It generally takes a couple of minutes to complete the flashing process depending on the firmware file size.
- Once the flashing is done, your handset will restart automatically.
- Again booting your device for the first time after firmware flashing can take a couple of minutes.
- Once your mobile turned on, just disconnect the USB cable from the handset.
That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve found this guide pretty helpful. Feel free to ask in the comment below for additional queries.