Good News for all Google Pixel (sailfish) owners. Now you can install the latest Lineage OS 14.1 on Google Pixel based on Android 7.1 Nougat. Lineage OS is a new Open Source project morphed after the death of CyanogenMod OS. However, the man behind the LineageOS seems to be the CEO of Cyanogen.inc Steve Kondik. Today you can enjoy the unofficial build of Lineage OS 14.1 on Google Pixel (CM14.1 base ROM).
Remember this is a stable build of Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 on Google Pixel. This is a Stable build and can be used as a daily drive. If you want to try LineageOS then head down to the below guide or steps on How to Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Google Pixel.
With the new Lineage OS, you can enjoy the latest features which comes with Android Nougat as well as LineageOS features. This is not an official LineageOS ROM built for Google Pixel, but you can enjoy the real feature made from the LineageOS gerrit. The ROM is Stable state and can use as a daily driver. Now Download the Android 7.1 Nougat Lineage OS 14.1 for Google Pixel. You need a Custom Recovery like TWRP to Install Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 on Google Pixel.
Install the Custom ROM Lineage OS 14.1 on Google Pixel which is based on Android 7.1 Nougat. If you want to try this ROM, then please download and follow the guide on How To Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Google Pixel (Android 7.1 Nougat). By using TWRP Recovery, you can install the Lineage OS 14.1 on Google Pixel (Android 7.1 Nougat). Follow the steps below.
What is Lineage OS?
LineageOS is a continuation of what CyanogenMod was. After the death of Cyanogenmod, due in part to internal conflicts within Cyanogen Inc. Don’t worry, though: A new fork of CyanogenMod called Lineage OS is taking up the mantle, and it will keep most of what you loved about CyanogenMod. Lineage OS (Another open-source operating system for smartphones and tablet, based on the Android mobile platform) will be a continuation of what CyanogenMod was, However Lineage OS is still information phase. The success of this project.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
[su_spoiler title=”Read Everything About LineageOS” style=”fancy” icon=”arrow”]
LineageOS Cyanogen Inc. made an announcement recently on the evening of 24th of December, 2016 that left many of its users disappointed. Cyanogen Inc has withdrawn the popular Android mod, CyanogenMod. As the announcement was made, users were left with differentiated opinions regarding the future of the Android mod. Few believed that the legacy of CyanogenMod will be taken forward by a new Android mod, however, it was all uncertain. It is amidst such chaos that Lineage OS was introduced and definitely it gave back everyone the answer concerning Android mod.
Lineage OS offers a wide variety of features among which the flexibility it offers for modifications is commendable. It consists of empowering Custom ROMs that enables the user to have better control over their device. It shares the similar vision with which CyanogenMod was formed. Lineage OS is all set to take the legacy of Cyanogen by adopting a structured approach to community-driven custom ROMs and Mods for the Android OS.
CyanogenMod 14.1 is the last official mod that has been released by Cyanogen Inc. The company had plans to “take Android away from Google”, but rather ended up discontinuing its service. Nevertheless, Lineage OS is set to take on from where Cyanogen has left thereby ensuring even better performance. There went around many speculations around the formation of the Lineage OS, and with its entry, it smashed all of them. Lineage OS was initially given a codename LAOS (Lineage Android OS). Keep checking this site for more information about Lineage OS. You can also find Lineage OS related updates for your device here.
What is in Android 7.1 Nougat and its feature?
It’s been a while since Android 7.0 Nougat has released. As we know Google Pixel is the first smartphone by Google which debuts the Android 7.1 Nougat update which comes with a unique feature called Google Assistant, an AI bot which acts and talk like a human. With Android Beta Program, Google released the Android 7.1 Nougat update for all Nexus device in the form of the developer preview. The update is pretty stable and Fair warning, though, that the developer preview isn’t free of bugs.
Android 7.1 Nougat comes with handful of features such as App Shortcuts, Multi Window support, restart setting to power menu, Launch the camera by pressing the power button twice, Image Keyboard support, 100 emoji added, GIF Support, Quick Reply via Notification, Notification Redesigned panel, Notifications prioritization, Enhanced Doze Mode, System UI Tuner, Customizable Quick Settings, Don Not Disturb, New Settings Panel Redesigned, Data Saver per App, seamless updates and New Emoji Support.
- This will work on Google Pixel (Don’t Try this in Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will loose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup
- You must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
CHECK POPULAR POST
- How to change boot animation on rooted android!!
- How to port Android O Pixel Launcher on Any Phone!!
- How to Install any Android APK on Android O? (external source)!!
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Download and Install Android O Pixel Launcher on Your Android!!
- How to install Android O developer preview!!!
- How to Fix Google Play Authentication is Required Error!!
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- Official and Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 Device List and Download Link
Must Check Post :
- How to Install Lineage OS on Google Pixel
- How to install TWRP Recovery on Google Pixel
- Simple Guide to Flash Custom ROM on Google Pixel
- Some tricks and tips for Google Pixel
- How to install MIUI on Google Pixel
Steps for How to Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Google Pixel (Android 7.1 Nougat)
- First of all, Download the LineageOS Zip and GAPPS Zip file from the below given link.
- If you have downloaded the zip file in your computer, then connect your device to computer using USB cable.
- Now move the downloaded LineageOS and Gapps zip to the root of internal memory of your smartphone.
- After transferring the zip file, Now turn your phone off. Reboot to recovery by pressing the Volume Down + Power button simultaneously. (You can use Volume Up and Down buttons in order to scroll up and down and you can press Power key to select.)
- Before installing the custom ROM, it’s better if you Wipe all the data by Clicking the Wipe button and Select Advanced Wipe – Tick all except Internal Storage
- Swipe to WIPE
- Now Click the Install Button to install the LineageOS zip file.
- Now Browse through the files of Internal memory where you have uploaded the Zip file of Custom Rom (better move the custom ROM zip into root of your internal memory)
- Select the Custom Rom Zip File and Swipe to confirm the installation. Then reboot.
- Now follow the same steps from Step one to install Gapps.
- That’s it ! Now reboot your phone. You have Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Google Pixel (Android 7.1 Nougat) Successfully.
Steps for How to Root Google Pixel :
In Case if you didn’t find the root, Here is the step for how to root Google Pixel running LineageOS 14.1, This step is simple just like you installed the Custom ROM.
- Download the SUperSU zip and Place it on the root of your internal memory
- Now Boot into Recovery
- Now Click the Install Button and Browse and Select the SuperSu Zip File
- Swipe to confirm the installation. Then reboot.
Credits goes to: invisiblek