Good News for all Lenovo ZUK Z1 owners. Now you can install the latest Lineage OS 14.1 on Lenovo ZUK Z1 based on Android 7.1 Nougat. Lineage OS is a new Open Source project morphed after the death of CyanogenMod OS. However, the man behind the LineageOS seems to be the CEO of Cyanogen.inc Steve Kondik. Today you can enjoy the unofficial build of Lineage OS 14.1 on Lenovo ZUK Z1 (CM14.1 base ROM).
This ROM is an unofficial built by OrdenKrieger, Senior Member in XDA Forum from Google and Lineage Source Code. The ROM is based on Android 7.1 Nougat with many Custom features from LineageOS 13 for Lenovo ZUK Z1. Install the Unofficial Build of LineageOS 14.1 on Lenovo ZUK Z1.This ROM is stable and everything is working pretty well for daily use. If you have a full backup of your present ROM, then you can try this latest LineageOS 14.1 on Lenovo ZUK Z1.
Remember this is a stable build of Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 on Lenovo ZUK Z1. This is a Stable build and can be used as a daily drive. If you want to try Lineage OS then head down to the below guide or steps on How to Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Lenovo ZUK Z1.
With the new LineageOS, you can enjoy the latest features which comes with Android Nougat as well as LineageOS features. This is not an official LineageOS ROM built for Lenovo ZUK Z1, but you can enjoy the real feature made from the Lineage OS gerrit. The ROM is Stable state and can use as a daily driver. Now Download the Android 7.1 Nougat Lineage OS 14.1 for Lenovo ZUK Z1. You need a Custom Recovery like TWRP to Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Lenovo ZUK Z1.
Install the Custom ROM Lineage OS 14.1 on Lenovo ZUK Z1 based on Android 7.1 Nougat. If you want to try this ROM, then please download and follow the guide on How To Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Lenovo ZUK Z1 (Android 7.1 Nougat). By using TWRP Recovery, you can install the Lineage OS 14.1 on Lenovo ZUK Z1 (Android 7.1 Nougat). Follow the steps below.
Table of Contents
What is LineageOS?
LineageOS is a continuation of what CyanogenMod was. After the death of Cyanogenmod, due in part to internal conflicts within Cyanogen Inc. Don’t worry, though: A new fork of CyanogenMod called Lineage OS is taking up the mantle, and it will keep most of what you loved about CyanogenMod. Lineage OS (Another open-source operating system for smartphones and tablet, based on the Android mobile platform) will be a continuation of what CyanogenMod was, However Lineage OS is still information phase. The success of this project.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
What is in Android 7.1 Nougat and its feature?
It’s been a while since Android 7.0 Nougat has released. As we know Google Pixel is the first smartphone by Google which debuts the Android 7.1 Nougat update which comes with a unique feature called Google Assistant, an AI bot which acts and talk like a human. With Android Beta Program, Google released the Android 7.1 Nougat update for all Nexus device in the form of the developer preview. The update is pretty stable and Fair warning, though, that the developer preview isn’t free of bugs.
Android 7.1 Nougat comes with handful of features such as App Shortcuts, Multi Window support, restart setting to power menu, Launch the camera by pressing the power button twice, Image Keyboard support, 100 emoji added, GIF Support, Quick Reply via Notification, Notification Redesigned panel, Notifications prioritization, Enhanced Doze Mode, System UI Tuner, Customizable Quick Settings, Don Not Disturb, New Settings Panel Redesigned, Data Saver per App, seamless updates and New Emoji Support.
- Root And Install Official TWRP Recovery For Lenovo Zuk Z1
- How To Install Android 7.0 Nougat CM14 For Lenovo Zuk Z1
- This will work on Lenovo ZUK Z1 (Don’t Try this in Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will loose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup
- You must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
Steps for How to Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Lenovo ZUK Z1 (Android 7.1.1 Nougat)
- First of all, Download the Lineage OS Zip and GAPPS Zip file from the below given link.
- If you have downloaded the zip file in your computer, then connect your device to computer using USB cable.
- Now move the downloaded LineageOS and Gapps zip to the root of internal memory of your smartphone.
- After transferring the zip file, Now turn your phone off. Reboot to recovery by pressing the Volume Down + Power button simultaneously. (You can use Volume Up and Down buttons in order to scroll up and down and you can press Power key to select.)
- Before installing the custom ROM, it’s better if you Wipe all the data by Clicking the Wipe button and Select Advanced Wipe – Tick all except Internal Storage
- Swipe to WIPE
- Now Click the Install Button to install the LineageOS zip file.
- Now Browse through the files of Internal memory where you have uploaded the Zip file of Custom Rom (better move the custom ROM zip into root of your internal memory)
- Select the Custom Rom Zip File and Swipe to confirm the installation. Then reboot.
- Now follow the same steps from Step one to install Gapps.
- That’s it ! Now reboot your phone. You have Install Lineage OS 14.1 on Lenovo ZUK Z1 (Android 7.1.1 Nougat) Successfully.
SOURCE : Link