Asus launched Asus ZenFone 2 Laser in August 2015. The phone came out of the box with Android 5.0 Lollipop and later upgraded to Android Marshmallow. Now the device has finally received the official support to receive the Lineage OS 15.1 for Asus ZenFone 2 Laser. In this guide, we will help you to install the latest Lineage OS 15.1 for Asus ZenFone 2 Laser. The ROM is based on Android 8.1 Oreo. Thanks to XDA Recognized developer LuK1337 for sharing this Custom ROM on XDA Forum. Full Credits to him and Lineage OS team.
If you would like to try Lineage OS 15.1 for Asus ZenFone 2 Laser device, then you need to unlock Bootloader and should have the latest TWRP Recovery on your device. You should have latest TWRP Recovery running to flash the Oreo-based Custom ROM. We have already shared both unlocking and TWRP installation guide for Asus ZenFone 2 Laser. So before we dive into the installation process, let’s know about the Lineage OS 15.1 and its feature.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is Lineage OS 15.1 and their feature?
- 2 How to Install Official Lineage OS 15.1 for Asus ZenFone 2 Laser:
- 3 What’s on Android 8.1 Oreo?
- 4 List of Supported Device:
- 5 What’s Working and What’s not?
What is Lineage OS 15.1 and their feature?
Lineage OS 15.1 is the latest Stock Custom Firmware based on the official Android 8.1 Oreo AOSP source code. Along with the official Android 8.1 features, the Lineage OS 15.1 also brings tons of features and customization option which allows using your phone beyond the Stock Firmware feature. Lineage OS one of the well-known aftermarket firmware built by the team behind cyanogen. In the Android world, Lineage OS is the currently best custom ROM built with many new features. The official Lineage OS 15.1 for Asus ZenFone 2 Laser scheduled with a weekly and nightly update.
Features of Lineage OS 15.1:
- Extra Ambient display features
- Picture adjustment
- RGB color calibration settings
- Display color temperature customization
- LED Notification light settings (Customize)
- Customize Touchscreen gestures
- Performance profiles to save battery and improve the speed
- Lockscreen Customization option
- FlipFlap – smart cover support
- Privacy Guard—control app permissions
- Customize the size of the lock screen pattern
- Quick Settings Customization
- Status Bar Customization such as Double tap to sleep, Clock Settings, Show network traffic and Status bar tuner
- SystemUI Customization
- Buttons/Navigation Bar
- Calls and Audio/Ringtone customization.
- and other miscellaneous feature.
- How to Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Asus Zenfone 2 Laser (Z00L/Z00T)
- Download and Install Dirty Unicorns Oreo ROM on Zenfone 2 Laser [Android 8.1]
- Update Android 8.1 Oreo based AOSPExtended Oreo on Asus Zenfone 2 Laser
- Update Android 8.1 Oreo based Pixel Experience ROM on Asus Zenfone 2 Laser (Z00L)
- How To Install Nougat ViperOS For Asus Zenfone 2 Laser (Z00L/Z00T)
- How To Install Android 8.0 Oreo for Asus ZenFone 2 Laser/Selfie (Z00L/Z00T) (AOSP)
- How To Root And Official Install TWRP Recovery For Asus Zenfone 2 Laser (Z00L/Z00T)
How to Install Official Lineage OS 15.1 for Asus ZenFone 2 Laser:
If you are installing custom ROM for the first time, then you must first read the difference between Custom ROM and Stock ROM. We understand you would want to make sure your installation process go as smooth as possible. So before we actually jump to the installation process of Lineage OS 15.1 ROM on Asus ZenFone 2 Laser, let’s take a look below at how to backup all your data. When installing this 8.1.0 Oreo based custom ROM, you’re wiping all your data and system — like a brand new phone.
As a Asus ZenFone 2 Laser user, you have many options to choose from depending on how you want to store your data. These are the some of the tips given below that we want you to keep in mind and then proceed Like we said, this ROM is based on Android 8.1 Oreo. Here is the quick recap of what’s on Android 8.1 Oreo.
What’s on Android 8.1 Oreo?
As you’d expect, Android 8.1 Oreo is the latest update of Android Oreo. It is an incremental update that builds out some of the new features found in the first version of Oreo, but there’s plenty worth checking out. This doesn’t mean Android 8.1 doesn’t include the new feature because it does. Here are all the features of Android Oreo [8.0/8.1]
Features of Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels (8.0)
- Picture In A Picture (8.0)
- Multi-Display Support (8.0)
- Keyboard Navigation (8.0)
- Background Limits (8.0)
- New Wi-Fi Features (8.0)
- Better Icons (8.0)
- Autofill (8.0)
- Emoji (8.1)
- Neural Networks API (8.1)
- Pixel Visual Core co-processing technology to third-party developers (8.1)
- and many more
List of Supported Device:
- Asus Zenfone Laser ZE550KL ( Z00L / Z00LD )
- Asus Zenfone Laser ZE550KG ( Z00W / Z00WD )
- Asus Zenfone Laser ZE600KL ( Z00M / Z00MD / Z00MDD )
What’s Working and What’s not?
[su_note note_color=”#fafff2″ text_color=”#000000″]
What’s working :
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Data)
- Video Playback
- Audio ( Record and Playback )
What’s not working :
- Video recording
- Speakers don’t work on ZE601KL model ( workaround )
Required ROM Files
Download Any Of the Gapps given below
MindTheGApps 8.1.0 Package – Recommended
- Supported device: Asus ZenFone 2 Laser
- Note: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- USB Drivers: Download Asus USB Drivers on your PC.
- Take A Full BackUP: (You can try any backup method given below)
How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- Custom Recovery: To Install Lineage OS 15.1 for Asus ZenFone 2 Laser. You should have Custom Recovery. Here in this guide, we used TWRP Recovery
- Clear Cache and Dalvik Cache: Perform a Dalvik Cache wipe before proceeding from the Recovery Mode.
Step to Install on Asus ZenFone 2 Laser:
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Asus ZenFone 2 Laser
- Now install TWRP Recovery for Asus ZenFone 2 Laser. Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download the Lineage OS 15.1 for Asus ZenFone 2 Laser and move the flashable zip file which you downloaded from above.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery (DO NOT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE)
If you don’t want SuperSU rooting guide, then you can try Magisk on your phone.
[su_note note_color=”#fffde3″]Note: If you already installed SuperSU, then make sure to follow our guide on How to Switch from SuperSU to Magisk. This guide will help you to easily revert the rooting and pass SafetyNet check[/su_note]
- Official and Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 Device List and Download Link
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- List of MIUI 9 Supported Devices – Official and Unofficial
- List of All AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
- Dirty Unicorns Oreo ROM: Supported Devices List, Downloads and Features
- DotOS review – List Of Supported Smartphone, Features and Details
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Lineage OS 15.1 for Asus ZenFone 2 Laser successfully. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.