Asus ZenFone 4 Max (ZC554KL) (X00I) launched in July 2017. The handset came with Android 7.0 Nougat. We have good news now! Now you can install Lineage OS 15.1 on Asus ZenFone 4 Max with the same Android Oreo base. In this guide, we will help you to install the latest Lineage OS 15.1 on Asus ZenFone 4 Max.
If you would like to try Lineage OS 15.1 on Asus ZenFone 4 Max device, then you need to unlock Bootloader and should have the latest TWRP Recovery on your device. You should have the latest TWRP Recovery running to flash the Oreo-based Custom ROM. We have already shared both unlocking and TWRP installation guide for Asus ZenFone 4 Max. So before we dive into the installation process, let’s know about the Lineage OS 15.1 and its feature.
Talking about the specifications, Asus ZenFone 4 Max features a 5.5-inch IPS display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 Pixels. It is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 MSM8937, 64-bit Processor coupled with 2/3/4GB of RAM. The phone packs 16/32/64GB internal memory with an expandable storage support of 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Asus ZenFone 4 Max comes with a dual 13MP + 2MP rear camera with dual-LED dual-tone flash and 8MP + 2.2MP front camera for selfies. It is backed by a Non-Removable 5,000 mAh Lithium-Polymer Battery. Asus ZenFone 4 Max also has a fingerprint sensor.
Table of Contents
What is Lineage OS 15.1 and their feature?
Lineage OS 15.1 is the latest Stock Custom Firmware based on the official Android 8.1 Oreo AOSP source code. Along with the official Android 8.1 features, the Lineage OS 15.1 also brings tons of features and customization option which allows using your phone beyond the Stock Firmware feature. Lineage OS one of the well-known aftermarket firmware built by the team behind cyanogen. In the Android world, Lineage OS is the currently best custom ROM built with many new features. The Lineage OS 15.1 on Asus ZenFone 4 Max scheduled with a weekly and nightly update.
Features of Lineage OS 15.1:
- Extra Ambient display features
- Picture adjustment
- RGB color calibration settings
- Display color temperature customization
- LED Notification light settings (Customize)
- Customize Touchscreen gestures
- Performance profiles to save battery and improve the speed
- Lockscreen Customization option
- FlipFlap – smart cover support
- Privacy Guard—control app permissions
- Customize the size of the lock screen pattern
- Quick Settings Customization
- Status Bar Customization such as Double tap to sleep, Clock Settings, Show network traffic, and Status bar tuner
- SystemUI Customization
- Buttons/Navigation Bar
- Calls and Audio/Ringtone customization.
- and other miscellaneous feature.
How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 on Asus ZenFone 4 Max:
If you are installing custom ROM for the first time, then you must first read the difference between Custom ROM and Stock ROM. We understand you would want to make sure your installation process go as smooth as possible. So before we actually jump to the installation process of Lineage OS 15.1 ROM on Asus ZenFone 4 Max, let’s take a look below at how to backup all your data. When installing this 8.1.0 Oreo-based custom ROM, you’re wiping all your data and system — like a brand new phone.
As a Asus ZenFone 4 Max user, you have many options to choose from depending on how you want to store your data. These are the some of the tips given below that we want you to keep in mind and then proceed As we said, this ROM is based on Android 8.1 Oreo. Here is the quick recap of what’s on Android 8.1 Oreo.
What’s on Android 8.1 Oreo?
As you’d expect, Android 8.1 Oreo is the latest update of Android Oreo. It is an incremental update that builds out some of the new features found in the first version of Oreo, but there’s plenty worth checking out. This doesn’t mean Android 8.1 doesn’t include the new feature because it does. Here are all the features of Android Oreo [8.0/8.1]
Features of Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels (8.0)
- Picture In A Picture (8.0)
- Multi-Display Support (8.0)
- Keyboard Navigation (8.0)
- Background Limits (8.0)
- New Wi-Fi Features (8.0)
- Better Icons (8.0)
- Autofill (8.0)
- Emoji (8.1)
- Neural Networks API (8.1)
- Pixel Visual Core co-processing technology to third-party developers (8.1)
- and many more
Required ROM and Gapps Package:
- Supported device: Asus ZenFone 4 Max with Model Name ZC554KL
- Note: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- USB Drivers: Download Asus USB Drivers on your PC.
- Take A Full BackUP: (You can try any backup method given below)
How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to unlock the bootloader on Asus ZenFone 4 Max
- Custom Recovery: Install the latest TWRP recovery on Asus ZenFone 4 Max.
- Nandroid Backup: If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- Clear Cache and Dalvik Cache: Perform a Dalvik Cache wipe before proceeding from the Recovery Mode.
Disclaimer: We are at GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your phone while/after installing this ROM.
Step to Install on Asus ZenFone 4 Max:
- First of all, make sure to download and move all the above required ROM packages on your Asus ZenFone 4 Max Internal storage.
- Now reboot your phone into TWRP Recovery and Swipe Allow Modifications (Appears for the first time only)
- Once you are in TWRP Recovery, first of all. Take a complete backup of stock or custom ROM using TWRP.
- Now wipe the cache, data, and system before flashing the Lineage OS 15.1 on Asus ZenFone 4 Max.
- To Wipe data: Go to Wipe —> Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik/ART cache, cache, System, Vendor, and Data and then swipe to wipe. [su_note note_color=”#fef0ef” text_color=”#000000″]Warning: Make sure not to select Internal storage[/su_note]
- Now you can install the System image file in TWRP: Install -> Install Zip -> select lineage os zip file
- That’s it! Reboot and enjoy!
- Now you can flash the Gapps zip file in the same method.
- That’s it! Once you have flashed, you can enjoy the Lineage OS 15.1 based on Android Oreo.
I hope this guide was helpful to install the Lineage OS 15.1 on Asus ZenFone 4 Max.