BQ Aquaris X Pro (bardockpro) was launched in April 2017. The device came out of the box with Android 7.1.1 Nougat. The device has finally received the official support to enjoy the Lineage OS 15.1 on BQ Aquaris X Pro (bardockpro). In this guide, we will help you to install the latest Lineage OS 15.1 for BQ Aquaris X Pro. The ROM is based on Android 8.1 Oreo.
If you would like to try Lineage OS 15.1 for BQ Aquaris X Pro device, then you need to unlock Bootloader and should have the latest TWRP Recovery on your device. You should have latest TWRP Recovery running to flash the Oreo-based Custom ROM. We have already shared both unlocking and TWRP installation guide for BQ Aquaris X Pro (bardockpro). So before we dive into the installation process, let’s know about the Lineage OS 15.1 and its feature.
If we speak about the specifications, BQ Aquaris X Pro features a 5.2-inch full HD LTPS IPS LCD display with a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels. It is powered by octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 626 paired by 4GB of RAM and Adreno 506 GPU for better multi-tasking. It also packs a 64/128GB internal storage and it can be extended up to 256GB via microSD card. The Camera on the BQ Aquaris X Pro packs a 12 MP primary camera on the rear with an aperture f/1.8 and 8MP front shooter for selfies. The BQ Aquaris X Pro runs on the Android 7.1.1 Nougat operating system on top and is powered by a 3100 mAh non-removable battery.
What is Lineage OS 15.1 and their feature?
Lineage OS 15.1 is the latest Stock Custom Firmware based on the official Android 8.1 Oreo AOSP source code. Along with the official Android 8.1 features, the Lineage OS 15.1 also brings tons of features and customization option which allows using your phone beyond the Stock Firmware feature. Lineage OS one of the well-known aftermarket firmware built by the team behind cyanogen. In the Android world, Lineage OS is the currently best custom ROM built with many new features. The official Lineage OS 15.1 for BQ Aquaris X Pro scheduled with a weekly and nightly update.
Features of Lineage OS 15.1:
- Extra Ambient display features
- Picture adjustment
- RGB color calibration settings
- Display color temperature customization
- LED Notification light settings (Customize)
- Customize Touchscreen gestures
- Performance profiles to save battery and improve the speed
- Lockscreen Customization option
- FlipFlap – smart cover support
- Privacy Guard—control app permissions
- Customize the size of the lock screen pattern
- Quick Settings Customization
- Status Bar Customization such as Double tap to sleep, Clock Settings, Show network traffic and Status bar tuner
- SystemUI Customization
- Buttons/Navigation Bar
- Calls and Audio/Ringtone customization.
- and other miscellaneous feature.
How to Install Official Lineage OS 15.1 for BQ Aquaris X Pro:
If you are installing custom ROM for the first time, then you must first read the difference between Custom ROM and Stock ROM. We understand you would want to make sure your installation process go as smooth as possible. So before we actually jump to the installation process of Lineage OS 15.1 ROM on BQ Aquaris X Pro, let’s take a look below at how to backup all your data. When installing this 8.1.0 Oreo based custom ROM, you’re wiping all your data and system — like a brand new phone.
As an BQ Aquaris X Pro (bardockpro) user, you have many options to choose from depending on how you want to store your data. These are the some of the tips given below that we want you to keep in mind and then proceed Like we said, this ROM is based on Android 8.1 Oreo. Here is the quick recap of what’s on Android 8.1 Oreo.
What’s on Android 8.1 Oreo?
As you’d expect, Android 8.1 Oreo is the latest update of Android Oreo. It is an incremental update that builds out some of the new features found in the first version of Oreo, but there’s plenty worth checking out. This doesn’t mean Android 8.1 doesn’t include the new feature because it does. Here are all the features of Android Oreo [8.0/8.1]
Features of Android Oreo:
Watch The Lineage OS 15.1 review
- Notifications Channels (8.0)
- Picture In A Picture (8.0)
- Multi-Display Support (8.0)
- Keyboard Navigation (8.0)
- Background Limits (8.0)
- New Wi-Fi Features (8.0)
- Better Icons (8.0)
- Autofill (8.0)
- Emoji (8.1)
- Neural Networks API (8.1)
- Pixel Visual Core co-processing technology to third-party developers (8.1)
- and many more
Required ROM Files
Download Lineage OS 15.1
Download Any Of the Gapps given below
MindTheGApps 8.1.0 Package – Recommended
Official Gapps For LineageOS 15/15.1
Android Oreo Gapps Package [Open Gapps]
Delta Gapps with Modular Add-On
Step to Install on BQ Aquaris X Pro:
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on BQ Aquaris X Pro (bardockpro)
- Now install TWRP Recovery for BQ Aquaris X Pro. Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download the Lineage OS 15.1 for BQ Aquaris X Pro and move the flashable zip file which you downloaded from above.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
- Before installing Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery (DO NOT WIPE INTERNAL STORAGE)
Guide to Flash Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery
Guide to Root Using SuperSU.Zip
If you don’t want SuperSU rooting guide, then you can try Magisk on your phone.
Guide to Install Latest Magisk Root
[su_note note_color=”#fffde3″]Note: If you already installed SuperSU, then make sure to follow our guide on How to Switch from SuperSU to Magisk. This guide will help you to easily revert the rooting and pass SafetyNet check[/su_note]
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Lineage OS 15.1 for BQ Aquaris X Pro successfully. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.