Huawei launched the Honor View 10 on December 2017. The phone came out of the box with Android 8.0 Oreo. In this guide, we will help you to install the latest Lineage OS 15.1 for Honor View 10 (berkeley). The update brings the new Project Treble to the table.
A few months ago, Google has released the Android 8.1 Oreo, Lineage team is soon going to release official Lineage 15.1. You might be wondering to know what about Lineage 15.0. Well, the fact is they have plans to release 15.1 directly skipping 15.0. Here we have shared the unofficial Lineage OS 15.1 for Honor View 10 based on Android 8.1 Oreo. Download and Install the latest Lineage OS 15.1 for Honor View 10.
Talking about the specifications, Honor View 10 features a 5.9-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels. It is powered by Hisilicon Kirin 970 processor coupled with 4/6GB of RAM. The phone packs 64/128GB internal memory. The camera on the Honor View 10 comes with Dual 16 + 20MP and 13MP front shooting camera. It is backed by a Non-removable Li-Po 3750 mAh battery with Fast battery charging 5V/4.5A (58% in 30 min). It also has Fingerprint sensor in the front.
- 1 How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 for Honor View 10 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- 2 What Is Lineage OS?
- 3 Steps to Lineage OS 15.1 for Huawei Honor View 10
What is Project Treble?
Project Treble is Google's brainchild. It came into existence to solve the ever pertaining slow system updates. OEM specific OS updates are sometimes even slower. Most of the times you can see users complaining of not getting the update in time. Google’s Project Treble will put the OS framework separate from the vendor's implementations. Manufacturers will be able to provide latest system updates by updating the OS framework. Treble has now been integrated with Android Oreo 8.0. It’s mandatory for all the Android 8.0 based devices to have it.
How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 for Honor View 10 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
If you still wondering whether your device will receive Android Oreo update, then check the full list of officially Android Oreo supported device from the manufacturer. In case if your phone has currently outdated and you want to upgrade to latest Android Oreo, then here are the list of Lineage OS 15.0 and Lineage OS 15.1.
Full Credits to the developer and Lineage team for the Open Source Project. This ROM is still under development. If you find any bugs, then either you can wait for the next update or you can simply revert back to Stock ROM.
Android 8.1 Oreo released officially by Google for Pixel and Nexus supported device. Now you can enjoy the Android 8.1 Oreo on Honor View 10 unofficially. The ROM brings all the features from Android 8.1 which includes, Picture in Picture mode, New Android O Emoji style, New Notification UI, Settings Overhaul changes, Advanced Doze Mode, Auto Fill Password, etc. Lineage OS also has some of the unique features which allow you to easily root and customize your phone. You will receive the regular update nightly and weekly once the build is official by Lineage tree.
Also Read: Top 10 Features of Android 8.0 Oreo
What Is Lineage OS?
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restores the Google parts. Lineage OS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.+
Steps to Lineage OS 15.1 for Huawei Honor View 10
Now you can flash the latest Lineage OS 15.1 on Honor View 10 by simply following the below guide. To Install this ROM on your phone, you need TWRP recovery. Follow this step to install TWRP recovery on Honor View 10.
- How To Root Honor View 10 Using Magisk Manager
- Huawei Honor View 10 Stock Firmware Collections
- How To Root and Install TWRP Recovery On Honor View 10
- Update Resurrection Remix Oreo on Huawei Honor View 10 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- Download and Install Android 8.1 Oreo on Huawei Honor View 10
Download ROMs and Gapps
- This will work on Honor View 10 (Don’t Try this in Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will lose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup or backup complete without Root
- Download ADB and Fastboot Tool on Windows and Mac
- Make sure, that you have already FRP and Unlocked Bootloader.
- Backup the system partition, in case if you want to roll back to EMUI 8.0 later.
How to Backup System Partition?
Before installing Lineage OS 15.1 for Honor View 10, we recommend you to follow the system partition backup procedure.
- First of all, install Root Honor View 10 Using Magisk Manager
- Now connect the device to PC using USB Cable.
- Install ADB Drivers and Open the Command window
- Type the following command,
adb shell su dd if=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/system of=/storage/emulated/0/system.img
- Copy system.img to your desktop :
adb pull storage/emulated/0/system.img
- Whenever you want to go back to stock EMUI, put your device in bootloader mode and type :
fastboot flash system system.img
- It may require also a factory reset into recovery!
- parse system image from BKL-L09 B130 (C432) : BKL-C432B130_system .img
Instructions to Install Honor View 10 Lineage OS 15.1 :
- First of all, Unlock Bootloader on Honor View 10
- Go to Recovery and perform "Wipe data/factory reset" & "Wipe cache partition"
- Connect your phone to computer using USB Cable
- Now flash the system image via fastboot mode.
- Download the ADB fastboot tool on your computer
- Move the system image into adb fastboot extracted folder.
- Open the ADB fastboot folder, Open the command window, by pressing the shift key and right mouse click on the folder blank space.
- Type the following command to flash the system image:
fastboot flash system system.img
- Now boot into Stock Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery or you can type the following command
- Perform a factory reset and enjoy the Lineage OS 15.1 on Honor View 10.
That's it! I hope you have installed the Lineage OS 15.1 for Honor View 10. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
- Official and Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 Device List and Download Link
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- List of Supported devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- List of MIUI 9 Supported Devices - Official and Unofficial
- List of All AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
Credit goes to: LuK1337