LG G4c launched in May 2015. The smartphone came out of the box with Android 5.0.2 Lollipop and later upgraded to 6.0 Marshmallow. Now we have good news! You can install Lineage OS 15.1 on LG G4c with the same Android Oreo base. In this guide, we will help you to install the latest Lineage OS 15.1 for LG G4c. Thanks to XDA Senior member pvineeth97 for bringing this beta build of Lineage OS 15.1. Full Credits to him and Lineage OS team.
If you would like to try Lineage OS 15.1 for LG G4c device, then you need to unlock Bootloader and should have the latest TWRP Recovery on your device. You should have the latest TWRP Recovery running to flash the Oreo-based Custom ROM. We have already shared both unlocking and TWRP installation guide for LG G4c. So before we dive into the installation process, let’s know about the Lineage OS 15.1 and its feature.
What is Lineage OS 15.1 and their feature?
Lineage OS 15.1 is the latest Stock Custom Firmware based on the official Android 8.1 Oreo AOSP source code. Along with the official Android 8.1 features, the Lineage OS 15.1 also brings tons of features and customization option which allows using your phone beyond the Stock Firmware feature. Lineage OS one of the well-known aftermarket firmware built by the team behind cyanogen. In the Android world, Lineage OS is the currently best custom ROM built with many new features. The Lineage OS 15.1 for LG G4c scheduled with a weekly and nightly update.
Features of Lineage OS 15.1:
- Extra Ambient display features
- Picture adjustment
- RGB color calibration settings
- Display color temperature customization
- LED Notification light settings (Customize)
- Customize Touchscreen gestures
- Performance profiles to save battery and improve the speed
- Lockscreen Customization option
- FlipFlap – smart cover support
- Privacy Guard—control app permissions
- Customize the size of the lock screen pattern
- Quick Settings Customization
- Status Bar Customization such as Double tap to sleep, Clock Settings, Show network traffic, and Status bar tuner
- SystemUI Customization
- Buttons/Navigation Bar
- Calls and Audio/Ringtone customization.
- and other miscellaneous feature.
How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 on LG G4c:
If you are installing custom ROM for the first time, then you must first read the difference between Custom ROM and Stock ROM. We understand you would want to make sure your installation process go as smooth as possible. So before we actually jump to the installation process of Lineage OS 15.1 ROM on LG G4c, let’s take a look below at how to backup all your data. When installing this 8.1.0 Oreo-based custom ROM, you’re wiping all your data and system — like a brand new phone.
As a LG user, you have many options to choose from depending on how you want to store your data. These are the some of the tips given below that we want you to keep in mind and then proceed As we said, this ROM is based on Android 8.1 Oreo. Here is the quick recap of what’s on Android 8.1 Oreo.
What’s on Android 8.1 Oreo?
As you’d expect, Android 8.1 Oreo is the latest update of Android Oreo. It is an incremental update that builds out some of the new features found in the first version of Oreo, but there’s plenty worth checking out. This doesn’t mean Android 8.1 doesn’t include the new feature because it does. Here are all the features of Android Oreo [8.0/8.1]
Features of Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels (8.0)
- Picture In A Picture (8.0)
- Multi-Display Support (8.0)
- Keyboard Navigation (8.0)
- Background Limits (8.0)
- New Wi-Fi Features (8.0)
- Better Icons (8.0)
- Autofill (8.0)
- Emoji (8.1)
- Neural Networks API (8.1)
- Pixel Visual Core co-processing technology to third-party developers (8.1)
- and many more
Required ROM and Gapps Package:
- Supported device: LG G4c
- Note: Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- USB Drivers: Download LG USB Drivers on your PC.
- Take A Full BackUP: (You can try any backup method given below)
How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- Unlock Bootloader: You need to unlock the bootloader on LG G4c
- Custom Recovery: Install the latest TWRP recovery on LG G4c.
- Nandroid Backup: If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
- Clear Cache and Dalvik Cache: Perform a Dalvik Cache wipe before proceeding from the Recovery Mode.
Disclaimer: We are at GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your phone while/after installing this ROM.
Step to Install on LG G4c:
To flash the Lineage OS 15.1 on LG G4c, you need the latest TWRP Recovery 3.2.1-1 or higher. If you already have, then make sure to download the above-given links.
- First of all, make sure to download and move all the above required ROM packages on your LG G4c Internal storage.
- Now reboot your phone into TWRP Recovery and Swipe Allow Modifications (Appears for the first time only)
- Once you are in TWRP Recovery, first of all. Take a complete backup of stock or custom ROM using TWRP.
- Now wipe the cache, data, and system before flashing the Lineage OS 15.1 on LG G4c.
- To Wipe data: Go to Wipe —> Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik/ART cache, cache, System, Vendor, and Data and then swipe to wipe. [su_note note_color=”#fef0ef” text_color=”#000000″]Warning: Make sure not to select Internal storage[/su_note]
- Now you can install the System image file in TWRP: Install -> Install Zip -> select lineage os zip file
- That’s it! Reboot and enjoy!
- Now you can flash the Gapps zip file in the same method.
I hope this guide was helpful to install the Lineage OS 15.1 on LG G4c.