Sony Xperia XZ1 (poplar) launched in August 2017. The phone came out of the box with Android 8.0 Oreo. In this guide, we will help you to install the latest Lineage OS 15.1 for Sony Xperia XZ1 (poplar).
A few months ago, Google has released the Android 8.1 Oreo, You might be wondering to know what about Lineage 15.0. Well, the fact is they have plans to release 15.1 directly skipping 15.0. Here we have shared the unofficial Lineage OS 15.1 for Sony Xperia XZ1 based on Android 8.1 Oreo. Download and Install the latest Lineage OS 15.1 for Sony Xperia XZ1.
The Xperia XZ1 from Sony is a 5.2-inch display device, with IPS LCD lighting the screen. Under the hood the Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 835 processor powers the device and supporting this a 4 GB RAM and a 64 GB ROM is provided. The external memory can be extended up to 256 GB using micro SD. Out of the box, the device will get Android Oreo. Coming into the camera, a 19 MP sensor and a 13 MP is added to the front. The battery provided is low in capacity considering the current trends and is a 2700 mAh battery.
How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 for Sony Xperia XZ1 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
If you still wondering whether your device will receive Android Oreo update, then check the full list of officially Android Oreo supported device from the manufacturer. In case if your phone has currently outdated and you want to upgrade to latest Android Oreo, then here are the list of Lineage OS 15.0 and Lineage OS 15.1.
Full Credits to the developer and Lineage team for the Open Source Project. This ROM is still under development. If you find any bugs, then either you can wait for the next update or you can simply revert back to Stock ROM.
Android 8.1 Oreo released officially by Google for Pixel and Nexus supported device. Now you can enjoy the Android 8.1 Oreo on Sony Xperia XZ1 unofficially. The ROM brings all the features from Android 8.1 which includes, Picture in Picture mode, New Android O Emoji style, New Notification UI, Settings Overhaul changes, Advanced Doze Mode, Auto Fill Password, etc. Lineage OS also has some of the unique features which allow you to easily root and customize your phone. You will receive the regular update nightly and weekly once the build is official by Lineage tree.
Also Read: Top 10 Features of Android Oreo
What Is Lineage OS?
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restores the Google parts. Lineage OS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
Now you can flash the latest Lineage OS 15.1 on Sony Xperia XZ1 by simply following the below guide. To Install this ROM on your phone, you need TWRP recovery. Follow this step to install TWRP recovery on Sony Xperia XZ1.
- This will work on Sony Xperia XZ1 (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download and Install Sony USB Drivers
- You will lose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone using TWRP before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup or you can Backup without any Root
- You must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone.
- Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
- How To Root and Install TWRP Recovery On Sony Xperia XZ1
- Download and Install Lineage OS 17.1 for Sony Xperia XZ1 based on Android 10 Q
- Download and Install AOSP Android 10 Update for Sony Xperia XZ1
- How to Install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie on Sony Xperia XZ1
- List of Best Custom ROM for Sony Xperia XZ1 [Updated]
Steps to Install Lineage OS 15.1 For Sony Xperia XZ1:
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Sony Xperia XZ1
- Now, install TWRP Recovery on Sony Xperia XZ1. Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download the below Lineage OS 15.1 ROM on to your smartphone.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Lineage OS 15.1 For Sony Xperia XZ1. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
- Official and Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 Device List and Download Link
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- List of Supported devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- List of MIUI 9 Supported Devices – Official and Unofficial
- List of All AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device