Xiaomi launched the Xiaomi Mi Max 2 on May 2017. The smartphone came out of the box with Android 7.1.1 Nougat. In this guide, we will help you to install the latest Lineage OS 15.1 for Xiaomi Mi Max 2 (oxygen).
Earlier, we had shared the Lineage OS 15 for Xiaomi Mi Max 2 based on Android 8.0 Oreo. A few months ago, Google has released the Android 8.1 Oreo, Lineage team is soon going to release official Lineage 15.1. You might be wondering to know what about Lineage 15.0. Well, the fact is they have plans to release 15.1 directly skipping 15.0. Here we have shared the unofficial Lineage OS 15.1 for Xiaomi Mi Max 2 based on Android 8.1 Oreo. Download and Install the latest Lineage OS 15.1 for Xiaomi Mi Max 2.
Xiaomi Mi Max 2 is a dual SIM smartphone launched in May 2017. The phone comes with a 6.44-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 1920 pixels. It is powered by 2GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor and runs on 4GB of RAM. It runs on Android 7.0 Nougat out-of-the-box. This device packs a 64GB of expandable internal storage. Xiaomi Mi Max 2 brings a 12-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 5-megapixel camera on the front.
Table of Contents
How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 for Xiaomi Mi Max 2 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
If you still wondering whether your device will receive Android Oreo update, then check the full list of officially Android Oreo supported device from the manufacturer. In case if your phone has currently outdated and you want to upgrade to latest Android Oreo, then here are the list of Lineage OS 15.0 and Lineage OS 15.1.
Full Credits to the developer and Lineage team for the Open Source Project. This ROM is still under development. If you find any bugs, then either you can wait for the next update or you can simply revert back to Stock ROM.
Android 8.1 Oreo released officially by Google for Pixel and Nexus supported device. Now you can enjoy the Android 8.1 Oreo on Xiaomi Mi Max 2 unofficially. The ROM brings all the features from Android 8.1 which includes, Picture in Picture mode, New Android O Emoji style, New Notification UI, Settings Overhaul changes, Advanced Doze Mode, Auto Fill Password, etc. Lineage OS also has some of the unique features which allow you to easily root and customize your phone. You will receive the regular update nightly and weekly once the build is official by Lineage tree.
Also Read: Top 10 Features of Android 8.0 Oreo
What Is Lineage OS?
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restores the Google parts. Lineage OS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
Now you can flash the latest Lineage OS 15.1 on Xiaomi Mi Max 2 by simply following the below guide. To Install this ROM on your phone, you need TWRP recovery. Follow this step to install TWRP recovery on Xiaomi Mi Max 2.
- This will work on Xiaomi Mi Max 2 (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will lose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone using TWRP before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup or you can Backup without any Root
- You must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone.
- Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
- Common Mi Max 2 Problems and Fixes: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Charging, SIM, Battery and more
- Xiaomi Mi Max 2 Official Android 8.0 Oreo Update
- List Of Best Custom ROM For Xiaomi Mi Max 2
- How To Install Lineage OS 14.1 On Xiaomi Mi Max 2 (Android 7.1.2 Nougat)
- How To Root and Install TWRP Recovery On Xiaomi Mi Max 2
Steps to Install Lineage OS 15.1 For Xiaomi Mi Max 2 (oxygen):
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Mi Max 2
- Now, install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi Max 2
- Download the below Lineage OS 15.1 ROM on to your smartphone.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
Download LinkWatch The Lineage OS 15.1 review
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Lineage OS 15.1 For Xiaomi Mi Max 2. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
- Official and Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 Device List and Download Link
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- List of Supported devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- List of MIUI 9 Supported Devices – Official and Unofficial
- List of All AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
Credit goes to: ashwin007