Post Last updated on 16th January 2018: Updated new download link with some Bug Fix. Now Download the latest Lineage OS 15 For Google Pixel which has fixed bugs and improved performance and stability. Enjoy
Finally, A Good news for all Google Pixel (sailfish) users. Now you can enjoy the Lineage OS 15 for Google Pixel. The ROM is still under development and will take few more days to get the complete stable ROM. Earlier we shared Lineage OS 14.1 for this device based on Android Nougat. This ROM is based on Android 8.0 Oreo. Google released the latest Android 8.0 Oreo for Pixel and Nexus supported device.
If you still wondering whether your device will receive Android Oreo update, then check the full list of officially supported device from the manufacturer. In case if your phone has currently outdated and you want to upgrade to latest Android Oreo, then here are the list of an official and unofficial version of Android 8.0 Oreo developed by LineageOS team. In this post, we will guide to install Lineage OS 15 For Google Pixel. This update is under development. Currently, we haven’t tested this ROM yet. As per the record, Developer claims that the ROM is not yet stable and cannot be used as a daily driver.
Recently released Android is known as Android 8.0 Oreo. This is a successor of Android Nougat and comes with many new features such as Picture in Picture mode, New Android O Emoji style, New Notification UI, Settings Overhaul changes, etc. So today we will guide to install the Lineage OS 15 for Google Pixel (sailfish). Lineage OS 15 is based on Android 8.0 Oreo. Find the list of all Lineage OS 15 Supported device.
Table of Contents
Download And Install Lineage OS 15 For Google Pixel [ sailfish]
Check out the Top 10 features of Android 8.0 Oreo.
If you love custom ROM, then Lineage OS is one of the most popular custom OS in Android history. As we know, Lineage is maintained by Lineage team, the people behind Cyanogen.inc company. Recently LineageOS has reported being achieved 1 million installations of the OS. From the earlier Lineage OS 14 based Android Nougat, they have developed the OS for over 160 devices. Here are the list of Lineage OS 14.1 Supported devices.
Lineage OS 15 is based on the latest upcoming version of Android 8.0 Oreo. Android Oreo is been currently released only for the Google Pixel and Nexus device and we can expect the official rollout of Android Oreo for most of the other devices in the end of 2017 or before June 2018. In this guide, we will guide to install Lineage OS 15 For Google Pixel. Download and Install Lineage OS 15 For Google Pixel.
What Is Lineage OS?
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restores the Google parts. Lineage OS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
What is Android O aka Android 8.0 Oreo?
Android 8.0 Oreo is the latest iteration of Android Operating system. This is the 8th major version of the Android mobile operating system after the release of Android Nougat. The latest features of Android Oreo includes New app notifications, notification dots on app icons, picture-in-picture mode, Android Instant App compatibility, Auto-fill (like on Chrome), Better copy and paste, Faster Android behind the scenes, Better battery life with more advanced Doze mode, and more.
Features of Android Oreo:
- Notifications Channels – This feature provides the ability to group notifications from numerous apps into one channel. This means you can group notifications for certain apps together and make it easier for the management of notifications. This is overall a nice addition to what Google started with Android Nougat.
- Picture In A Picture – Videos will switch to smaller, minimized versions when you navigate to other apps. This feature is similar to what a YouTube video does in the YouTube mobile app when you drag it to the corner.
- Multi-Display Support – This feature would provide you with the ability to launch an activity, say, Chrome, on a remote display like your HDTV or PC display. The potential applications for this feature are endless.
- Keyboard Navigation – This feature would bring to you the ability to use keys to navigate apps.
- Background Limits – This feature will let you set a limit to what an app can do while it’s operating in the background. You can use this to conserve power and in turn get more battery life.
- New Wi-Fi Features – This new Android version would Include more Wi-Fi features like Neighborhood Aware Networking (NAN), which makes it easy for devices to connect with one another without an internet access point or internet access at all.
- Better Icons – Google has made icons in Android O to be adaptive. This means that they will take different shapes depending on the system they’re used on. This is a cool feature, isn’t it?
Status of Development of Google Pixel Lineage OS 15
Updated on August 2017: Finally, After the release of Android Oreo Factory images for Nexus and Pixel, Google has released AOSP Source code to the public. Now the developer has already started their project on building custom ROM based on Android Oreo.
- This will work on Google Pixel (Don’t Try this in Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will lose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone using TWRP before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup or you can Backup without any Root
- You must install TWRP or any Custom Recovery on your phone.
- Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
Steps to Install Lineage OS 15 For Google Pixel
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on Google Pixel
- Now install TWRP Recovery using this full guide. Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download the below Lineage OS 15 ROM onto your smartphone.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
- How To Install TWRP Recovery On Pixel and Pixel XL
- Download and Install AOSP Android 8.1 Oreo on Google Pixel (Sailfish)
- Download OPM1.171019.012 January Security 2018 for Pixel and Pixel XL (OTA/Factory)
- How to Downgrade From Android Oreo to Nougat
- How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 for Google Pixel (Android 8.1 Oreo)
Note: Lineage OS 15 might not release due to the release of latest version Lineage OS 15.1.
Lineage OS 15
- Official and Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 Device List and Download Link
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- List of Supported devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- List of MIUI 9 Supported Devices – Official and Unofficial
- List of All AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Lineage OS 15 For Google Pixel. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.