OnePlus X (codenamed onyx) was launched in October 2015. The device came out of the box with Android 5.1.1 Lollipop and later upgraded to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Currently, OnePlus have stopped updating this device. If you want to install Custom ROM, then today we will guide on how to install Lineage OS 15.1 on your device. Lineage OS is one of the best Custom ROM which comes with a lot of features and options to customization. Yes, This ROM can be perfect for those who are looking for features and performance. Here we will guide to download and install Lineage OS 15.1 For OnePlus X.
Talking about the device, OnePlus X features a 5-inch AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1080P (1080 x 1920 pixel). It is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor coupled with 3GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage. The device supported to expand the memory with up to 256GB via microSD card slot. OnePlus X sports a 13MP rear camera and 8MP front-facing camera for selfies. The handset is backed by 2525 mAh non-removable battery.
Table of Contents
How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 for OnePlus X (Android 8.1 Oreo)
If you still wondering whonyx your device will receive Android Oreo update, then check the full list of officially Android Oreo supported device from the manufacturer. In case if your phone has currently outdated and you want to upgrade to latest Android Oreo, then here are the list of Lineage OS 15.0 and Lineage OS 15.1.
Full Credits to the Senior member and developer YumeMichi who shared this ROM in XDA forum and Lineage team for the Open Source Project. This ROM is still under development. If you find any bugs, then either you can wait for the next update or you can simply revert back to Stock ROM.
Android 8.1 Oreo released officially by Google for Pixel and Nexus supported device. Now you can enjoy the Android 8.1 Oreo on OnePlus X unofficially. The ROM brings all the features from Android 8.1 which includes, Picture in Picture mode, New Android O Emoji style, New Notification UI, Settings Overhaul changes, Advanced Doze Mode, Auto Fill Password, etc. Lineage OS also has some of the unique features which allow you to easily root and customize your phone. You will receive the regular update nightly and weekly once the build is official by Lineage tree.
Also Read: Top 10 Features of Android 8.0 Oreo
What Is Lineage OS?
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restores the Google parts. Lineage OS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
Steps to Install Lineage OS 15.1 For OnePlus X
Now you can flash the latest Lineage OS 15.1 on OnePlus X by simply following the below guide. To Install this ROM on your phone, you need TWRP recovery. Follow this step to install TWRP recovery on OnePlus X.
- This will work on OnePlus X (Don’t Try this on Any other device):
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You will lose the original ROM or any CUSTOM ROM if you already installed on your phone. So make sure to Backup your phone using TWRP before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup all your apps using Titanium Backup or you can Backup without any Root
- Watch Full Video on How to Install TWRP on any Android Phone.
- Download all the Zip files from below and Place it in your phone’s root of internal memory.
Instructions to Install:
- First of all, you need to Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus X
- Now, install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus X
- Download the below Lineage OS 15.1 ROM on to your smartphone.
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery, Here is the method to boot into Recovery.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Lineage OS 15.1 For OnePlus X. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.
- Official and Unofficial Lineage OS 14.1 Device List and Download Link
- List Of Devices Getting Lineage OS 15.0 (Android 8.0 Oreo)
- List of Supported devices for Lineage OS 15.1 (Android 8.1 Oreo)
- Android Oreo is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- List of MIUI 9 Supported Devices – Official and Unofficial
- List of All AOSP Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Device
- Resurrection Remix Oreo Release Date: List of Supported device