Samsung Galaxy Note 10 and Note 10+ is the latest device launched in August 2019. The phone came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie under OneUi. Finally, here is a big update. Now you can download and install Lineage OS 16 on Samsung Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ (Exynos variant). This update is stable enough to use as a daily driver. Thanks to the XDA recognized developer Ivan_Meler to build this ROM and share it on the XDA forum.
To install Lineage OS 16 on Samsung Galaxy Note 10 / 10+, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on the latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new Lineage OS 16 on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of Android 9.0 Pie and Lineage OS 16.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
As we said, Lineage OS 16 is based on the latest OS, Android 9.0 Pie. Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Watch The Video about What’s on Android 9.0 Pie.
Lineage OS 16 Based on Android 9.0 PieWatch The Video on Lineage OS 16 Android 9 Pie Full Review
Lineage OS 16 is the latest Stock Custom Firmware based on the official Android 9.0 Pie AOSP source code. Along with the official Android 9.0 features, Lineage OS 16 also brings tons of features and customization options which allows using your phone beyond the Stock Firmware feature. Lineage OS one of the well-known aftermarket firmware built by the team behind cyanogen. In the Android world, Lineage OS is the currently best custom ROM built with many new features.
What's working and What's not?
– mali drivers
– USB tethering
– Video Playback
– Fingerprint Sensor
– Ril (Mobile data, calls, SMS and stuff)
– Wifi HotSpot
– 2D and 3D GPU acceleration
– HW encoding/decoding
– Cameras (All of them)
– HWcomposer (HWC)
– Signal indicator
– Double-tap to wake
– Wireless PowerShare
– VoLTE and VoWiFi will not be implemented (for now) as they heavily depand on samsungs framework
– Advanced S-Pen functionality like gestures
– 5G conectivity on N976B as android doesnt have standard implementation for it in place yet
Steps to install Lineage OS 16 on Samsung Galaxy Note 10 / 10+Watch The Video on How to install Lineage OS 16
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Samsung Galaxy Note 10 / 10+
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download Samsung USB Drivers
- Download ADB and Fastboot Drivers [Download ADB SDK Platform Tools]
- Lineage OS 16 zip file: Download
- Check out the supported device list at Lineage OS 16
- Download the latest Gapps file:
Instructions to Install:
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Samsung Galaxy Note 10 / 10+.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Note 10 / 10+. [You need this TWRP]
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Samsung Galaxy Note 10 / 10+.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded Lineage OS 16 zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Oreo Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy Lineage OS 16 on Samsung Galaxy Note 10 / 10+.
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU root or you can try Magisk root.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Lineage OS 16 on Samsung Galaxy Note 10 / 10+. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.