Xiaomi Redmi K20/Mi 9T (codename: davinci) was launched in May 2019. The phone came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie. Finally, here is a big update. Now you can download and install Lineage OS 16 on Redmi K20/Mi 9T. Before upgrading make sure to take a complete backup of data on your device or create a Nandroid backup using TWRP Recovery.
In order to install Lineage OS 16 on Redmi K20/Mi 9T, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on the latest TWRP Recovery. Thanks to one of the XDA Members pipyui for sharing the firmware file and installation steps. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s take a look at the features of Android 9.0 Pie and Lineage OS 16.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. The top features of Android 9 Pie are New QS UI, New volume slider, Advanced Battery & Brightness, Notch Support, Digital Wellbeing, New Recent UI, and more.
Watch The Video about What’s on Android 9.0 Pie.
Lineage OS 16 Based on Android 9.0 Pie
Lineage OS 16 is the latest Custom Firmware based on Android 9 Pie AOSP which is one of the major and most stable versions by Google yet. It brings plenty of features and customization options which allows users to be more advanced. While the Stock ROM doesn’t provide you that much of customization options. LineageOS is the part of CyanogenOS which was popular and widely used by the users. The CyanogenOS developers working hard to provide better user experience with possible latest versions.Watch The Video on Lineage OS 16 Android 9 Pie Full Review
- Based on latest Global Stable 10.3.11.0
- RIL (Calls, SMS, Data, VoLTE)
- Cameras (Including Camera Motor)
- Video Recording
- Off-line Charging
What’s Not Working:
- Double Tap-To-Wake (will be present in the next update)
- In-display fingerprint reader (feature still not merged into stable, but will be present in the near future)
- SELinux is permissive
- You tell me
Steps to install Lineage OS 16 on Redmi K20/Mi 9T
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Xiaomi Redmi K20/Mi 9T (davinci)
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- You need to Unlock the bootloader on your device.
- Download and Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi K20/Mi 9T. [How to Install]
- We strongly recommend you to take a complete backup of your personal data, including the internal storage. The phone will be formatted, so be prepared for it. You can also follow our Android backup guide for the same. [Follow any method]
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Without ROOT
- How to Backup Complete Stock or Custom ROM using TWRP recovery
- Backup Your Android Apps and Data with Titanium Backup
- How to Backup Your Android Phone Directly to PC with TWRP!!
- How to Backup Your Data on Android device
- If you already have TWRP: then you can Create and Restore Nandroid Backup via TWRP
Instructions to Install:
- First of all, you need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Xiaomi Redmi K20/Mi 9T.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi K20/Mi 9T.
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Xiaomi Redmi K20/Mi 9T.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded Lineage OS 16 zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Oreo Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy Lineage OS 16 on Redmi K20/Mi 9T (davinci).
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU root or you can try Magisk root.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Lineage OS 16 on Redmi K20/Mi 9T. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.