Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite (Also known as Mi CC9 in China) launched in September 2019. The phone came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie. Finally, here is a big update. Now you can download and install Lineage OS 16 on Mi 9 Lite (Pyxis). If you want to try, then take a complete backup of data on your device or create a Nandroid backup using TWRP Recovery. Thanks to the XDA senior member gringo80 for sharing this ROM on XDA forum.
To install Lineage OS 16 on Mi 9 Lite, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and should be running on the latest TWRP Recovery. If you have all this, then you are good to try the new Lineage OS 16 on your device. Follow our guide on how to upgrade, but before that. Let’s understand the features of Android 9.0 Pie and Lineage OS 16.
Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite Specifications: Overview
The Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite is the first device in India with a 64MP primary rear sensor which offers great image quality even in low light. The device comes with a 6.4-inches Super AMOLED Full-HD+ display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection. While the in-display fingerprint sensor and Face unlock are both quick and accurate as well.
Under the hood, the device is powered by an octa-core Snapdragon 712 SoC, coupled with three RAM & storage options. It runs on ColorOS 6.0.1 based on Android 9 Pie and upgradable to Android 10 in Q1 2020.
The highlight of this device is the 64MP AI Quad camera setup on the rear side. The wide-angle lens and macro lens offers great images. While the front features a 16MP Sony sensor for selfies. It features Ambient Light, Proximity, Magnetic induction sensor, Gyro, Acceleration, Pedometer, G-sensor, etc. While for security unlock, the device has an in-display fingerprint sensor.
ZTE has provided the 4,000 mAh battery with VOOC charging. In terms of the connectivity options, the handset packs Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, USB Type-C, 3G/4G LTE, GPS, etc. It also has a 3.5mm audio jack, Dolby Atmos, Dual Nano-SIM, and a dedicated MicroSD card slot.
What’s on Android 9.0 Pie?
As we said, Lineage OS 16 is based on the latest OS, Android 9.0 Pie. Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Watch The Video about What’s on Android 9.0 Pie.
Lineage OS 16 Based on Android 9.0 PieWatch The Video on Lineage OS 16 Android 9 Pie Full Review
Lineage OS 16 is the latest Stock Custom Firmware based on the official Android 9.0 Pie AOSP source code. Along with the official Android 9.0 features, Lineage OS 16 also brings tons of features and customization options which allows using your phone beyond the Stock Firmware feature. Lineage OS one of the well-known aftermarket firmware built by the team behind cyanogen. In the Android world, Lineage OS is the currently best custom ROM built with many new features.
Steps to install Lineage OS 16 on Mi 9 LiteWatch The Video on How to install Lineage OS 16
Follow this guide and download the TWRP recovery, drivers and things to start with.
- Supported: Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite (Pyxis)
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Download Xiaomi USB Drivers
- Download ADB and Fastboot Drivers [Download ADB SDK Platform Tools]
- Lineage OS 16 zip file: Download
- Check out the supported device list at Lineage OS 16
- Download the latest Gapps file:
Instructions to Install:
- First of all, You need to enable the developer option and activate the OEM unlock and USB debugging.
- Now you need to unlock the bootloader on your Mi 9 Lite.
- Once you have unlocked, you must install the latest TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite.
- Now the guide will be easy, boot into TWRP Recovery
- You need to Decrypt and Re-Encrypt Data Partition on Xiaomi Mi 9 Lite.
- You can now take a complete backup of your ROM using TWRP Recovery.
- Now you need Wipe System Data on TWRP Recovery
- Tap on Install option and look for the downloaded Lineage OS 16 zip file. [Guide to install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery]
- Swipe to confirm the flashing.
- Now you need to install the Android Oreo Gapps file. (TWRP -> Install -> Select Gapps zip and swipe to flash)
- You can now reboot to enjoy Lineage OS 16 on Mi 9 Lite.
- If you want to root you can either try SuperSU root or you can try Magisk root.
That’s it! I hope you have installed the Lineage OS 16 on Mi 9 Lite. Leave a comment or feedback down below. Thank you!.