Finally, Android 10 Q is official and so the AOSP 10 Source code. OnePlus 8 (instantnoodle) is now getting the unofficial version of Lineage OS 17.1 developed by KennyG9 Recognized Developer on XDA forum. The device is launched on April 2020. The smartphone came out of the box with Android 10 Q. Now you can enjoy Lineage OS 17.1 based on Android 10. Full credits to him and Lineage team. Now you can install Lineage OS 17.1 on OnePlus 8 which is stable enough to use as a daily driver.
Android 10 is Google’s 10th version of Android OS with plenty of new features and system UI changes. Google doesn’t come with any dessert item name for the new Android version this time and that’s a good move. If you’re new to the Android ecosystem, it’s worth mentioning that Android is an Open Source Project (AOSP) by Google. With the new released Android 10 source code, the Lineage team has started working on Lineage OS 17.1 for all the supported device.
To install Lineage OS 17.1 on your OnePlus 8, you need to unlock bootloader and running latest TWRP Recovery. If you are on the old version, you will see error 7 warning text while installing the custom ROM on OnePlus 8 device.
OnePlus 8 Specifications and Reviews
As expected, OnePlus 8 has powerful hardware specifications that put it one step ahead of any other gadget available in the International smartphone market right now. Of course, it’s a 5G ready smartphone and therefore, it has been equipped with Snapdragon 865 processor which offers unbeatable processing speed without compromising with anything while the users perform any task. Reviews suggest OnePlus hasn’t offered exactly what the fans were expecting. There are domains at which OnePlus 8 lacks. The absence of wireless charging and telephone camera has discouraged users. On the other side, it has been loaded with impressive specifications as already mentioned. The waterfall display edges and the option to have upto12GB of RAM is something that seems the need of every hour in 2020. Another god thing is price- tag on this device which is lesser than other 5G smartphones available in the market.
It carries a 6.53-inch Fluid AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with a 1080 x 2400 pixel resolution. The best part is the users can have a 90Hz refresh rate which is simply amazing. There are two variants available and they are128GB/8GB RAM and 256GB/12GB RAM. It is powered by Android 10.0; OxygenOS 10.0 which makes it a superfast smartphone with all the latest features. OnePlus has packed it with a quad-camera setup with 48MP primary lens, 16MP ultra-wide lens and a 2MP for macro photography. On the front side, it carries a 16MP lens with a punch-hole design. OnePlus 8 supports 30W fast charging for its 4300mAh battery. The fingerprint scanner has been placed under the display and there is no 3.5mm jack on this device. That’s all that you should know about its specifications. Let’s focus now on how to fix the common problems in OnePlus 8.
What’s on Android 10 version?
Google has officially unveiled the latest version of Android OS called Android 10. The update is already going live for Pixel series devices. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
- Common Problems in OnePlus 8 and Solutions – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
- How To Install TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 8 and Root Using Magisk
- Download and Install Android 11 on OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro
- OnePlus 8 Stock Firmware Collections [Back To Stock ROM]
Lineage OS 17.1: Android 10 Build
Lineage OS is an open-source and free operating system which is based on the Android platform. It is the successor to the custom MOD, the CyanogenMod, which shut down its operation in December 2016. However, Cyanogen. Inc retained the rights to the custom MOD and gave a rebranding to it as Lineage OS.
Well, LineageOS 17 will be based on the latest Android 10 and it comes with all the Android 10 features and Lineage customization options which allows users to be more advanced. Now you can enjoy Lineage OS 17.1 on OnePlus 8 by flashing this custom ROM.
Steps to Install Lineage OS 17.1 ROM on OnePlus 8
First, unlock the OnePlus 8 bootloader and flash the latest TWRP Recovery. Here we have mentioned all the requirements and download links to flash the Lineage OS 17.1 on OnePlus 8.
- This is Android 10 based Lineage OS 17.1 file and supported for OnePlus 8 only.
- You will require to unlock the device bootloader at first.
- You need TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 8
- Download the required TWRP file, LineageOS 17.1 zip file, and Supported GApps file from below.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- Take a complete backup of your device data without Root. In case anything goes wrong, you can easily restore all the data.
Instructions to Install:
- Make sure that you have downloaded all the required files on your device.
- Now, copy the TWRP image file, GApps file, and ROM zip file to your device internal storage.
- Next, reboot your OnePlus 8 into recovery mode.
- You will boot into TWRP Recovery mode.
- In recovery menu, tap on Install button > Install Image > Select the TWRP Image file from the location where you have moved earlier.
- Swipe to confirm flash.
- Now, reboot to recovery mode again.
- In the TWRP menu, go to Wipe section.
- Select Advanced Wipe > Select the data, system, vendor, cache. Then swipe to wipe it.
- Flash the ROM zip file from the Install option.
- The system will be mounted already Uncheck it & Remount system and vendor manually. Then flash Gapps zip file as well.
- Finally, reboot your phone into a new system. Wait for it, as the boot process will take a few minutes.
- That’s it. Enjoy!
We hope that this guide is helpful to you and you have successfully installed the Lineage OS 17.1 on your OnePlus 8 handset easily. If in case anything goes wrong or if you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.