Finally, Android 10 Q is official and so the AOSP 10 Source code. Ulefone S7 Pro is now getting the unofficial version of Lineage OS 17 developed by asdfniknik, Recognized Developer on forum. Now you can enjoy Lineage OS 17 based on Android 10. Full credits to him and Lineage team. Now you can install Lineage OS 17 on Ulefone S7 Pro which is stable enough to use as a daily driver.
Android 10 is Google’s 10th version of Android OS with plenty of new features and system UI changes. Google doesn’t come with any dessert item name for the new Android version this time and that’s a good move. If you’re new to the Android ecosystem, it’s worth mentioning that Android is an Open Source Project (AOSP) by Google. With the new released Android 10 source code, the Lineage team has started working on Lineage OS 17 for all the supported device.
To install Lineage OS 17 on your Ulefone S7 Pro, you need to unlock bootloader and running latest TWRP Recovery. If you are on the old version, you will see error 7 warning text while installing the custom ROM on Ulefone S7 Pro device.
Table of Contents
What’s on Android 10 version?
Google has officially unveiled the latest version of Android OS called Android 10. The update is already going live for Pixel series devices. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
- How to Install TWRP Recovery on Ulefone S7/S7 Pro and Root in a minute
- How to Install Stock ROM on Ulefone S7 Pro [Firmware Flash File/Unbrick]
Lineage OS 17: Android 10 Build
Lineage OS is an open-source and free operating system which is based on the Android platform. It is the successor to the custom MOD, the CyanogenMod, which shut down its operation in December 2016. However, Cyanogen. Inc retained the rights to the custom MOD and gave a rebranding to it as Lineage OS.
Well, LineageOS 17 will be based on the latest Android 10 and it comes with all the Android 10 features and Lineage customization options which allows users to be more advanced. Now you can enjoy Lineage OS 17 on Ulefone S7 Pro by flashing this custom ROM.
Steps to Install Lineage OS 17 ROM on Ulefone S7 Pro
First, unlock the Ulefone S7 Pro bootloader and flash the latest TWRP Recovery. Here we have mentioned all the requirements and download links to flash the Lineage OS 17 on Ulefone S7 Pro.
- This is Android 10 based Lineage OS 17 file and supported for Ulefone S7 Pro only.
- You will require to unlock the device bootloader at first.
- You need TWRP Recovery on Ulefone S7 Pro
- Download the required TWRP file, LineageOS 17 zip file, and Supported GApps file from below.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- Take a complete backup of your device data without Root. In case anything goes wrong, you can easily restore all the data.
Method 1: Install via TWRP Recovery
- First of all, make sure to download and move all the above required ROM packages on your Ulefone S7 Pro Internal storage.
- Now reboot your phone into TWRP Recovery and Swipe Allow Modifications (Appears for the first time only)
- Once you are in TWRP Recovery, first of all. Take a complete backup of stock or custom ROM using TWRP.
- Now wipe the cache, data, and system before flashing the Lineage OS 16 ROM on Ulefone S7 Pro.
- To Wipe data: Go to Wipe —> Advanced Wipe and select Dalvik/ART cache, cache, System, Vendor, and Data and then swipe to wipe. [su_note note_color=”#fef0ef” text_color=”#000000″]Warning: Make sure not to select Internal storage[/su_note]
- Now you can install the System image file in TWRP: Install -> Install Image -> select system.img
- That’s it! Reboot and enjoy!
Method 2: Install via ADB Sideload
I hope this guide was helpful to install the Lineage OS 16 ROM on Ulefone S7 Pro based on Project Treble GSI images.
We hope that this guide is helpful to you and you have successfully installed the Lineage OS 17 on your Ulefone S7 Pro handset easily. If in case anything goes wrong or if you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.